How I lost 10 grand to IB popups

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trade2live, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mg_mg

mg_mg

Or use bracket order to initialize a position, then just modify the target order in the bracket order for closing out position. In this way the popup will not show up.

#51     Feb 17, 2010
  2. it speaks for itself to have morons like you moderate this board. Too funny!!!

P.S.: The icing on the cake is you are too cheap to pay for a data feed for products you are trading. LOL...too good being moderator and posting on ET is free of charge to you.

#52     Feb 17, 2010
  3. Either way, he f*cked himself by not practicing first in demo mode and customizing the platform to his specs. Im surprised he didn't know about Button Trader which is far superior to IB's base platform garbage.

I trade ES full time and know how important it is tweak the platform's features to my trading style so I dont get any surprises when Im trading for real.

P.S. I use Ninja :cool:

#53     Feb 17, 2010
  4. Seems like you were clueless and playing with your own money. That would make you the guinea pig...

They did not destroy your account either, that would be you leveraging your ass off in hopes of making $1 million in a 2 hour trade... that is what destroyed your account.

If they didn't know YG can move $66 per contract, per second well then I guess you did know that it could, and that any delays or slips would cause debilitating loses... so why did you leverage so much if you knew you could get smashed?

You are blaming a broker for your own greed. Tell me that going all in on one trade isn't purely greed...

It's sad you had to learn your lesson with a $10,000 bitchslap. I honestly feel for you but it's only your fault you leveraged so much.

#54     Feb 17, 2010
  5. Pescador, you are right , however I am not sure whether your stop is canceled before your close position order , simultanueously on execution or after it. My point is WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO READ ANY GODDAM POPUP OR MESSAGE when trading . Is that too difficult to understand for IB development ?!!!
    Any 5 year old playing video games would realize this !

And YES , TWS is way too complicated to learn in details. That's the major problem with this platform, what you don't know will cost you a bundle curtesy of the brilliant people who designed it.

And no I wasn't overleveraged.

#55     Feb 17, 2010
  6. what is this shit called Ninja Trader?

is it a broker?

is it a cable company?

is it a trading platform?

is it a data service provider?

is it a chart service company?

Twenty years later, you will tell a ridiculous story to new traders:

"You know, 20 years ago, we had to first deposit money in a broker to open an account, then subscribe to a data service provider to get quotes, then subscribe to a charts company to get charts of different stocks, then pay a monthly fee to a trading software provider to execute a trade."

Ludicrous!

If I pay commission to a broker, the broker is supposed to provide a trading platform with quotes and charts. I don't know why you are putting up with this kind of shit from a broker, not to mention some brokers are secretly front-running you.

Roger that. Shoot down the helicopter.

Popup: "Are you sure you want to shoot down the helocopter? Click Yes if you are sure. Click No if you are not sure. Click Fuckyou if you are angry with the popup."

#56     Feb 17, 2010
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

You even admit that after the first popup that you didn't take the time to figure out what was going on so it happened to you a second time. Sorry for the loss but you really should be on top of these things before risking any significant money.

#57     Feb 17, 2010
  8. Have you ever tried setting up a bracket order, not fun. Setting up a bracket order in Tradestation is a snap, also a snap in Button Trader. Why can't Interactive Brokers make TWS a snap to operate, TWS truly sucks.

#58     Feb 17, 2010
  9. asiaprop,

This is not a Goldman Sachs forum, please go and cheerlead for Goldman.

#59     Feb 17, 2010
  10. Yes, this mentality is the problem of the Click Kid video game generation.
    It is like going to hunt buffaloes without learning and practicing to shoot.
    It would be a waste of time, wouldn't it? One can learn it on the job.

#60     Feb 17, 2010