How I lost 10 grand to IB popups

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trade2live, Feb 16, 2010.

1. I know how the software works , I have used it for several months actually, you don't think I am going to trade 30 contracts on the first day with a platform that's getting so many complaints on ET, do you ?
    I don't think you can turn off those pop ups, and they are not order confirmation pop ups, they show when you have attached orders. I talked to someone who has used IB in the past and he said things change constantly on the platform, one version you may not have a popup for a particular function , the next version there is one. I say this is insane, these guys have no clue what they are doing, and they don't give a damn about the consequences.
    The fact that you have to activate and keep activated features you don't use frequently is also problematic.
    Beware of new versions of this platform, you never know what kind of surprise they have for you ! Whatever happens to your account because of the stupidity of the designers, the guys in development still get their paycheck at the end of the month, and yes .. you are fucked.

#31     Feb 16, 2010
  2. Why would anyone come out and support a broker. I use IB but would never come here and cheerlead for them or anyone else.

This is so suspect.

#32     Feb 16, 2010
  3. Aok

Aok

OP, Corey is right.

First rule: Know the rules.

You were surprised by the pop ups and didnt know you could turn them off. Why didnt you investigate/call/find out what that was all about after the first trade?

You didnt and kept trading.

Lastly, never trade live with front end you are unfamiliar with.

SIM MODE!

Finally, though I use IB, TWS I am not a fan of. Use Buttontrader. Better still unless you're trading overseas futures no real reason to use IB at all for domestic futures. Many other brokers for that task.

Feel your pain but 99% of your loss could have been avoided.

You have no case so I suggest you dump IB because you will always resent them. Not a good way to trade.

#33     Feb 16, 2010
  4. so how do you turn them off then? There are so many popups and more and more of them that I doubt that's even possible to turn them all off.

#34     Feb 16, 2010
  5. Really, for quick trading use Buttontrader or Ninja.
    In fact I am using IB mainly because Buttontrader is so great front end. I can not imagine that somebody can scalp futures with plain TWS. Until you will close your position I can make several scalps with BT.

#35     Feb 16, 2010
  6. You are a poster child for "clueless trader" You had better listen to the many responses about your actions. Or you will be losing a lot more, and perhaps going into bankruptcy...

IB had nothing to do with your losses. Look in the mirror and you will see the cause. You were overleveraged, unprepared, and have no idea what you are doing.

Markets move. What are you going to do when markets REALLY move?

Happily, there is a solution for you...

[​IMG]

#36     Feb 16, 2010
  7. AOK
    "Finally, though I use IB, TWS I am not a fan of. Use Buttontrader. Better still unless you're trading overseas futures no real reason to use IB at all for domestic futures. Many other brokers for that task."

I`ve traded a variety of products with IB for 8 years and started including daytrading of futures last year. I hear many complaints about IB for futures but no real specifics. I find charts lag a bit but nothing to really impact the trading itself. Then again, I haven`t tried anything else so would appreciate specifics. Anyone?

#37     Feb 16, 2010
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Strange. I thought sure you would recommend Trad(er)ing In The Zone(s).:p

#38     Feb 16, 2010
  9. ddefina

ddefina

I use IB for stocks, futures and options with no complaints and great fills. Use a front end like Ninja Trader if you want fast scalping abilities.

#39     Feb 16, 2010
  10. If I was you I'd take revenge by closing the account and getting a real job.

#40     Feb 16, 2010