How I do It

Discussion in 'Journals' started by egotraitor, Aug 27, 2002.

1. I need help. I am going to hire a nun to stand by me while I trade and slap my hand with a ruler everytime I enter early. I do this over and over and over and over. I will not wait for the setup to SETUP. I get in the hole early and all discipline goes out the window. Josh Lukeman has a quote in his book: Discipline weighs ounces, regret weighs a ton. How well I know what he means.

#41     Sep 9, 2002
  2. ET I know a lot of people watch IBM, GE et. But I have done overlay after overlay and I see no leading value in these stocks against ES or NQ. Am I missing something?

#42     Sep 9, 2002
  3. Easy you're on target. Very situational., I don't claim there to be a high serial correlation. However in the past several sessions there has been some intresting stuff going on with all 3 trending together. Given the vast outperformance Fri of NQ against ES and that MSFT is 13% of weight of NQ, I wanted some evidance today that tech had a little buyancy left. If GE had revalued below 28.00 (or still does) I don't think it bodes well for ES.

#43     Sep 9, 2002
  4. Disappointed are ya?

#44     Sep 9, 2002

5. Dark, Notice how Kordell started out with a couple of bad trades. Did he panic. No he chipped it out, pass by pass on the next drive.
    We are all weak to some degree. Dark, have you examined why you are doing what you do. Same with you GG. Same with you Pabst. I am considered by all who know me intimately to be a gifted trader, yet I have wasted years of my life because I don't respect the market!
    Discipline though is part of the profile of success. You can be fast,with great hands, but if you don't run your routes you're out of the league. While no one wants to lose, you must not care if you lose. By caring you refuse to allow yourself the cleansing of loss. isn't it always a relief when you're finally out of that bad trade. Why hesitate? Because you're weak. You don't have the patience to deny yourself reward, or you don't have the confidence that you can trade the next good set up. That is why the intuitive trader needs rules more than a system trader. Do you have an uncle point. Do you ask, wheres my out. I am just now, because of someone quoted on this post, experiencing some enlightenment. I will fuck up again, for you and I are human. But don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.

#45     Sep 9, 2002
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Hey Guys, this is egotraitor's journal, let's try and keep commentary to his posts, etc. No need for personal attacks.

#46     Sep 9, 2002
  7. no, no disrespect was meant towards you. i was just pointing out that you are not super_ego, imo. i think some people here think you are.

#47     Sep 9, 2002
  8. I was not attacking anyone Magna... Was simply trying to point out to Easy that he is weak and there are no external forces standing in his way...

The buck starts and stops with you Easy!

You can continue to trade in a state of illusion as if you are a puppet to your psycological hindrances or you can choose to acknowledge your weakness...

Ball is in your hands DONT FUMBLE

#48     Sep 9, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

I suppose there are a number of ways of phrasing "tough love", but for a brand-new member (who sounds suspiciously like another member who has a couple of usernames) to call someone weak might not be the best approach. Again, I ask that there are no personal attacks in the Journals forum. Thanks.

#49     Sep 10, 2002