How I beat my broker, so they can't front run me.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked, Jan 26, 2008.

1. naked

naked

my freund, if I want to execute 80 cars on YM, I lose points too many for in and out

what do you suggest I do

we are not all pikers you know :)

#11     Jan 27, 2008
  2. Oh my, 80 lots? That sounds like a mighty lot to scare away the big boys. I did not know E.T. users had it in them. Go back and read my first comment then frame it.

#12     Jan 27, 2008
  3. This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read.

I honestly didn't know if the OP was serious or not.

In case you are, OP, I can assure you that no one institution with a semblance of sanity would attempt to front a retail trader, no matter how stellar that trader's performance.

:eek:

#13     Jan 27, 2008
  4. perhaps not an institution...but think 2 minutes of employees of that same institution...

#14     Jan 27, 2008
  5. How are you sure that it is not (normal) slippage?

You can open accounts with several brokers, to see if your fill is nice compared to otheres.

Perhaps since I swingtrade, a couple cents of slippage (or even fronrunning), doesn't change anything.

#15     Jan 27, 2008
  6. on a thinly traded stock it is possible but i see no reason unless you are trading size and they ride the wave in front of you. other than that,i do not see why they would do that.

#16     Jan 27, 2008
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Your post might have maybe an ounce of possibility if you were trading at a web based broker where orders are essentially emailed to a broker. But at a direct access broker the orders are sent directly to wherever they're headed. So there's no way once they're sent for someone else to send an identical order at an earlier time and thus "front run" the original order.

#17     Jan 27, 2008
  8. You seriously need female company, dude.

And fast!

#18     Jan 27, 2008
  9. doli

doli

Orders have to at least get by the "margin clerk" before they go to the exchange.

#19     Jan 27, 2008
  10. donnap

donnap

Orders are auto rejected. If you can't make margin, the order does not transmit and and you are immediately notified.

#20     Jan 27, 2008