How health lobbyists influenced reform bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Dec 21, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

2. spinn

spinn

and this is going to help the common man?

Obama is more corrupt than 1000 Richard Nixons.

3. nitro

nitro

What does this have to do with Obama?

4. Do you recall Obama saying that lobbyists need to be rooted out? I do. It's time like this that I am reminded I am voting for what I believe is that lesser of 2 evils. In a 2 party, excuse me, 1 party system that all I can hope for.

5. i like this one:

But specific issues also get specialized help. Earlier this year, the Christian Science Church hired a former Kennedy staffer, Carolyn Osolinik, and three of her colleagues at the Mayer Brown law firm, all veterans of Capitol Hill. The firm has been paid at least $110,000 so far to push a provision requiring insurers to consider covering Christian Science prayer treatments.

6. nitro

nitro

I do remember. Why would you believe that something as complex as changing the way that government is run, and in particular decreasing the power of lobbies, be something that one can wave a wand and it would be fixed?

Imo, you have to pick the battles that you fight, weighed according to importance and chance of success. I think he has prioritized pretty well so far.

So much incongruousness in Washington, so little time...

7. As much I agree with most of your thinking I answered you question accurately. For someone who loves to hear themselves speak you must be held accountable for what you say should you not?

8. spinn

spinn

Obama is stubbornly driving health care, even though 65-70% of the country oppose it.

9. nitro

nitro

He ran on many principles. Some he has kept, some he has compromised, some he has let fall through the cracks. People elected him on those promises. Let's measure them:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

10. spinn

spinn

that ultral eft site is as out of touch as you appear to be......

#10     Dec 21, 2009