How hard is this friggn 55?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Apr 12, 2003.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I took it in January and passed. I used the STC manual. It was not complete since it was an older version and had none of the SuperMontage stuff, but there were only 2 or 3 questions about that anyway. I didn't say it was easy, just not too bad if you have a study guide. There are definitely some obscure questions you would never think in a million years to study for, but that is why they don't require you to score 100. I read through the manual for about 2 weeks and spent the last few days doing practice tests. Certainly if you have experience with Nasdaq trading and order routing you will have an advantage. If you are new to the market, allow more time for it.

#11     Apr 15, 2003
  2. I don't think you need any more time than that even with no NAS experience (I had none at the time).

#12     Apr 15, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

I'll put it this way

I thought the 7 was easier

#13     Apr 15, 2003
  4. The 7 was more straightforward, but had sooooooooo much more to study and remember.

#14     Apr 15, 2003
  5. easy test...get the 55 cd. disk from deerwood and it's pretty similiar to the actual test

#15     Apr 16, 2003
  6. Thats BS that you have to wait 30 days to take it again. A friend of mine is a new trader, and he failed his 55 the first time he took it. He than took it again a little less than 2 weeks later. This was in March, 2003.

#16     Apr 20, 2003
  7. Your freind is lieing to you....If you fail ANY NASD mandated test, you must wait 30 days to take it again...In addition, if you fail some test three times you have to wait a year to take it again.

#17     Apr 21, 2003

8. I'll 2nd that. I know it all so well as I failed the 55 my first time.

Robert

#18     Apr 22, 2003
  9. LOL!!! Youknow what though? I failed one test in my life and it was a test that I assumed i knew everything about ...A lot of traders fail the 55 because they know everything about trading and don't study the little piss ant rules and regs that are associated with their profession...

#19     Apr 23, 2003