How great is Najarian(s)

Discussion in 'Options' started by stock777, Aug 5, 2014.

1. braman09

braman09

Why is one of them a Dr ?

#11     Aug 5, 2014
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Jon's acronym on his trading floor badge was DRJ. His father is a famous surgeon in MN.

#12     Aug 5, 2014
  3. Brighton

Brighton

...who was embroiled in a payola scandal of sorts for a while, but I think he came out of it with his reputation intact. It was a big news story, it's probably still referenced online or in wikipedia.

#13     Aug 5, 2014
  4. lolll!

What does net worth have to do with anything? The OP is referring to trading talent. Not sales.

How much of that is from trading because that is what those two are advertising.....?

#14     Aug 5, 2014
  5. #15     Aug 5, 2014
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Pete Najarian comes to trading from the world of football so his "expertise" is suspect. His brother Jon is the one who got him into trading.

#16     Aug 5, 2014
  7. People trade to make money, and he has money. So I don't care if he can trade. He is off doing whatever he wants for cash, and milking people to buy books since he can market on cnbc. this is very smart. he should milk everyone willing to get milked for as long as possible. hire some kid to ghost write books, give them 10k, have websites, do whatever......more money less work. i used to worry about other people in this way................when I was 12. kidding, worry about whatever you want for as long as you want.

#17     Aug 5, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

I believe he sold his biz to Citadel for $50MM, so I doubt he netted anything close to $50MM, but it was the result of his shady MMing enterprise.

#18     Aug 5, 2014
  9. seriously, whenever I see them together , I see this in my minds eye

[​IMG]

baron ought to be paying me for this shit.

#19     Aug 5, 2014
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Najarian was successful in an environment that was conducive to his being successful. Today he would be eaten alive. But today's quant-y market makers would probably fail on the floors of the 1980's.

In the end it doesn't matter. In finance, your net worth is your scorecard: almost independently how you achieved it.

#20     Aug 5, 2014