How good would you consider a trader is if they breakeven

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Redneck

Redneck

So you think cutting losers quickly…… is the same as cutting losers prematurely

Not even close

RN

#21     Sep 25, 2011
  2. wildshoe

wildshoe

losers should be cut in a timely fashion

winners should play out fairly quickly in your favor, at that point it's just a matter of exiting according to your system

imo entries dont matter, its the exits that count...cut the losers short within minutes, let the winners run overnight

this stuff isnt rocket science...

#22     Sep 25, 2011
  3. burn8

burn8

Great comments.

-burn8

#23     Sep 25, 2011
  4. What if you all thought about the real question behind the OP?

BE trading is a loser's proposition.

Here is the real question, so please consider why the prior posters did not address the real question:

Why is it impossible for some traders to grow capital by adding contracts and while keeping on doing the same process they currently engage in?

Read an example of a past ET participant to see this characteristic in action. (See nodoji) Also read RN.

Why can't this personal fear and anxiety being expressed by these people be overcome? The Behavioral Finance one pager "BF or BS" which answers the question.

All of these slightly above BE people reach a limited income (they prove this by their attachments, if any, over the years) capacity and they forfeit becoming rich or wealthy.

#24     Sep 26, 2011
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Hey Jocko

Tomorrow, just prior to the open

I’m going to take some Prozac…. chase it with a six pack of Red Bull… and follow that with a pot of Robusta….

May even throw in some DPs for good measure

THAT’LL GET ME GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope you think about this tomorrow….., and it brings you a chortle, or at the very least – a smile…

The soon to be AMP’d UP redneck (bots won't stand a chance :p )
    RN

#25     Sep 26, 2011
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Jack

You there jack… I need you man

The office – its spinning – in both directions….

I have diarrhea, itchy bowel syndrome, and the farts…

Damnit I just pissed myself – Jack help me please…..

The candles – they are talking to me jack… they’ve jumped off the charts and are dancing around…. They’re singing to me, telling me how I’m going to lose…..

NOOOO I can’t bare losing

I’m anxious jack… I’m afraid….. damn I just pissed myself again… NOOOOOOOOOO

I can’t function like this ……..

I need a towel.. and some depends

Jack you got any depends????

Come on man – help a buddy out……

Oh damn….

My skin – its crawling – oh shit – I pissed myself again…..

And the candles – they’ve surrounded me now – I can’t take this pressure

Oh Jack – where…. oh where are YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Disclaimer

No children or small animals were harmed in the process of creating this post (at least to the best of my knowledge)

Any resemblance to my actual state of mind/ well being – is purely coincidental (although I did think this up….)

RN

#26     Sep 27, 2011