How good is OPENTICK data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jjf, Apr 28, 2008.

1. jjf

jjf

Given that Opentick real time data is free (exchange fees only), I would be interested to know how accurate it is and how it copes under heavy pressure.

Seems to good to be true to me.

2. jjf

jjf

I thought that ET would be full of good advice.

3. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Wow, you waited an entire hour before you gave up. Thats a new record I believe. And...although hundreds of ET'ers are frantically typing their opinions and advice specific to your question, you need to be patient while they edit, spell check, and cross verify with others before posting. This may take just a few more minutes, so hang in there. While you are waiting, perhaps you can utilize a novel feature of this site. Its called "search", and works very well I hear.

4. ATLien

ATLien

The recent OpenTick updates have been wonderful and I've noticed that the service has become a lot more reliable. There had been a few issues with historical tick accuracy, which I believe the OpenTick team has been and is working on.

They are currently upgrading their entire service, so I'm curious to see what happens.

I do not use OpenTick as my main data provider, but for testing new systems etc. I suggest you give it a try and see if it's suitable for your needs.

5. I have seen mixed reviews. Real complaints on Sierra boards and TL, but ppl that are happy too. Generally, you get what you pay for. I tried it twice 9 months couldn't reach them and gave up. I wouldn't use it for my real time feed.