How good is Microsoft's StockScouter ratings?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cunparis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I was looking up the StockScouter ratings on some stocks in my watch list and comparing them to IBD's stock checkup overall rating. I found several that IBD had in the upper 90's and StockScouter had them as 9 or 10. So I thought they were in sync. But then I found several more stocks that were in the low 90's for IBD and SS rated them 7.

now I'm wondering if I can lower risks by buying stocks that are IBD 90's and SS 9 or 10.

I'm not sure exactly how either are calculated, but for the moment I have more confidence in IBD's ratings.

Has anyone done any analysis on the stockscout ratings? It'd be very interesting to know how their 9's & 10's have performed.

2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Like most analyst's ratings, you should take them with a grain of salt. The research wizard, however, is a great tool to study fundamental data, sector comparisons, past and expected future earnings and so forth. Use the information found in the wizard to become your own analyst! Remember, analyst's don't understand your time frame.