How good is Jeffrey Gundlach?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Saltynuts, May 6, 2018.

1. I saw a site where it cited his accomplishments, which I believe included calling the sub-prime crash, and a bunch of other things, but I'm having a hard time finding it. And not seeing it on his wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Gundlach

It says he was fired in 2009 after being in the top 2% of bond fund managers? Why was that, especially if he made some awesome call?

Just curious, tough to know who is worth a darned. I remember Maverick saying he was going to listen to the guy coming on one night, so that alone means he is probably pretty good!

Thanks!

2. jinxu

jinxu

Here's some food for thought:

Have you ever noticed how there's usually about the same 10 or 15 ET regular that ends up answering every thread you make on a daily/weekly basis.

Now considering that, what do you think is the probability those same 10 or 15 ET member have the keys to the secrets of trading? Considering that there are over 8 billion people on the planet earth.

And if they, do what do you think is the probability that they will tell you?

Lou Friedman likes this.

3. LOL, so is that a thumbs up or thumbs down on Gundlach? :)

4. padutrader

padutrader

i will tell you the biggest secret of trading:there is no secret.

If there were the whole market would close down because everyone except he that know the secret, will have stopped trading.
    and he would then have to trade with himself

DTB2 and jys78 like this.
  5. LOL guys, this thread is not about me trying to learn to trade or learn trading secrets. I am genuinely curious about Gundlach based on that link I saw with his accomplishments (which I am having a hard time finding again) and Maverick's mentioning a future interview with him he was going to watch (I think).

6. He manages over 100 billion dollars. There must be a few things he is doing right. Watch his videos and listen to his annual meetings on his website.

7. padutrader

padutrader

does he discuss technique in his videos

8. Jeff has a really great understanding of the bond market. But his understanding on the commodities & stock markets aren't as good. He's made several wrong calls on commodities and stocks (although most of his bond calls have been terrific)