How God Changes Your Brain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

How about worshipping Satan? Does that lower your blood pressure or whatever??

Honestly, Satan does fit my life better than this Jesus crap. i mean, who doesn;t like snorting a bunch of coke, tripping a double-dip chocolate chip, smoking an insane fatty, and having barbaric animal sex with strangers?

The Jesus and God thing is SOOO 20th century man!!

#11     Mar 16, 2011
  2. stu

stu

No need for some Satan.
    Most can worship god and jesus AND manage all those things.

#12     Mar 16, 2011
  3. stu

stu

Faults? Where are the comparisons?

Something tells me focusing those tests on keen football or baseball fans while likewise meditating their <strike>religion</strike> game and favorite moments might well have produced same and similar results.

What about considering the obvious, that beneath the imitative veneer of religion lies a universal evolved human trait and common intuition for innate morality, which is what people are actually experiencing.

#13     Mar 16, 2011
  4. U are near the target imo stu. The problem is that people confuse religion( which is loosely translated as to tie together) with spirituality. If you feel a firm connection to something it generates healthy benefits. It is the disconnection that is harmful. Saints and super criminals may well be drawing from the same power. They made a very popular movie about that once, if I recall.

#14     Mar 16, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Something tells me that the man has probably seen a lot of brain scans and that these are different.

#15     Mar 16, 2011
  6. On the subject of god and brains:

[​IMG]

#16     Mar 16, 2011
  7. RCG's Girl posted that quite some time ago, T-dog. It does not matter if what the believer believes in is logical to you. It has been documented that it helps them physically. You guys who have an issue with church are missing the point. I have issues with church too, but it has nothing to do with my relationship with my inner man. I can definitely see why some here as so pissed off almost all the time. It must suck to have a negative view of the world you know.

#17     Mar 16, 2011
  8. I think you have it backwards. It's the people who turn to the supernatural for solace who implicitly are not content with the world they know. Like the alcoholic who finds sunshine in a bottle and relies on the golden elixir to cope with his reality.

But to return to your point, there is no denying that many people find comfort in one form of delusion or another.

#18     Mar 16, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And the Canadian's not content with their world turn to US politics for solace?

#19     Mar 16, 2011
  10. Edited for accuracy:

#20     Mar 16, 2011