How fat are you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RichSohn, Jun 8, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I went to the last ufc they had here at AAA arena like 2 months ago...and I have to agree with MERCO, even though i dont know anything, I cant imagine these guys being even close to the top teir fighters in the world...they would certainly put an ass whoopin on me, but not the best in the world....peace

#41     Jun 10, 2003

2. I have only watched a little UFC but it's like everything else...you can have the best combinations in the world, but if it doesn;t hurt your opponent it don;t make no difference....I grew up boxing because my dad use to teach it in NYC...I can hit like a hammer Some others guys can get hit in the head with a hammer and they'd keep coming...Years and Years ago I hit a bouncer outside a bar with a shot that would kill most men i know....f*cker just got pissed and told me i was dead.....thank god for basketball...I hopped two cars and a fence and ran for my life!.my all time favorite boxer was " RANDY TEX COBB"....impossible to hurt him...he went ful contact karate after losing to Holmes:D

#42     Jun 10, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

No you dont get it.

And once again you bring up French fighters but none of those ever make it to top tournaments. Top schools are in Denmark and Holland. Some of these guys are 6'7 rock solid and cross train in strikes and grappling. Many first compete in K1 to get the strikes right, then move on to Pride which is the TOP fighters in the world.

Andy Hug (Switzerland), by the way, was a K1 champion for many years. Before that he trained kyokushin (tournament non traditional karate) and was the first caucasian to ever break into Japanese dominated tournaments. He was only like 6'1 but had an axe kick equivalent to taking 2 baseball bats and swinging them down on your head. All of this in a split second. Pussy? I think not. You should have seen him box as well.

Maybe you do not hit as hard as you think, especially without gloves. All I know is that top fighters train to take immense amounts of pain all over their body and have calcium deposits all over. I'm not gonna take anything away from boxers but whats the last time you saw a boxer do anything in a mixed tournament?

#43     Jun 10, 2003

4. Im not sure when I ever saw a boxer in a mixed tournament...at least a good one...All that axe kick stuff is great for movies and people of that discipline, but really, If Andy Hug was so incredible, why not put on some gloves and make a couple million per fight as a pro boxer? His reflexes should be good...how hard would it be?....have you ever boxed? Best trained professional athletes....run 2 miles with somebody punching you in the ribs...we take for granted the awesome amount of punishment they take because they make it look routine...in addition, some of these guys are so fast you would;t believe it. Just a difference of opinion

#44     Jun 10, 2003
  5. yup, street fighting is exactly what I am trained in. the goal is simple- hurt the other man, incapacitate him- by ANY means necessary. groin shots, eye gouges, strikes/ stomps to the trachea and other specific strikes for certain body parts designed to break bones and cause massive trauma. I was just messing around drunk with a buddy the other night, hit him with a one knuckle to the ribs and he was black and blue where I hit him for over a week and complained of the pain- I felt bad, but I just slipped into it when we were play fighting.....A trained fighter knows a variety of attacks, an appropriate combination to use them in, how to use leverage, how a man will react when he is hit a certain way, how to be ruthless and deadly. I am trained in weapons fighting too- how to use them, how to counter, disarm and incapacitate a man who threatens me with a gun or a knife, how to basically handle whatever I would encounter on the street. I dont go looking for trouble and I'm not massively huge, but I know I could take down someone much bigger than me b/c i KNOW how to fight- most bar/ street fights are male posturing anyways, some guy talking shit and pushing you or swinging wildly without a plan of attack- if i feel the least bit threatened, there is no talking or pushing- I am going to come after someone with everything I have and with blinding speed- you have to remember- a fight is not about rules, its about HURTING the other man, plain and simple.......

and I would contend that karate is not real fighting, its more of an art form- sure some of those guys are tough, but put my style up against theirs, and they would be crippled quickly.....

and yes, most europeans are pussies too
    however, I've seen some asian fighters that while they may be small they are some tough mofos- I went to a muay thai boxing match in bangkok and these guys beat the crap out of each other all night long- taking vicious shots to the ribs, saw one guy get his head split open and another taken out on a stretcher after being knocked unconcscious- but the whole time I thought- put me in the ring and I would tear them apart because I could work inside, use leverage, then move in for a crippling shot and finish them off....its all about getting inside, getting the other guy off balance/ guard and destroying him......well, thats my 2 cents....

#45     Jun 10, 2003
  6. i still think the shoot-fighter would prevail over an andy hug. you can't beat a grappler whether with boxing or kickboxing or whatever. they'd shove his leg up his ass if he tried that high flying axe-kick with them. shoot-fighter can do it all -punch, kick and grapple. he's going to get inside you, neutralize your kicking and punching, then take you down to the mat and put a hurting on your ass with something like an arm bar. you either tap out or get your arm broken. watch boxers grab the other by the back of neck and hold, completely neutralizes their offense, and they are told to break to continue the boxing match. same principle with grappling except you end up on the mat and totally screwed.

SHOOT FIGHTERS are the best in the world, imo. (and no, tank abbot is not a shoot fighter)

we're talking Ken Shamrock, Tito, many others. Best fighters in the world.

Don't forget what Royce Gracie did at 5'10", 175 lbs -Vale Tudo Style. He kicks major ASS! and he's essentially a grappler.

#46     Jun 10, 2003
  7. I'M GONNA BEAT EVERYONE UP

#47     Jun 10, 2003
  8. LOL:p

#48     Jun 10, 2003
  9. THis is true.

My favorite street fight story with fighting pros is when Mike Tyson ran into 6'5" Mitch Green a few days after Tyson dispatched of him in the ring. THey bumped into each other at a clothes store in Harlem one night - a 24 hour haberdashery. A place that sells $10,000 lizard skin jackets to gangstas.

Anyway, they bump into each other and Green starts talking trash to Tyson, but Mike doesn't hesitate. He unloads a right to Greens face, breaking his hand (and Greens face) in the process. The newspapers went crazy over this incident and in the following days ran numerous photos showing Tyson with his hand in a cast and Green with his eye swollen shut, in even worse shape than after his ring bout with Tyson. Green claims he was suckerpunched.

Some of the boxers hit incredibly hard. Look at Foreman in the 1970s, he was scrambling people brains and cracking their ribs.

Legend: Roberto Duran was discovered when he was 16. He was tossed out of a whorehouse for "insufficient funds". A man in a "White suit" came out and told Duran if he could knock the donkey down that was in the empty lot across the street, he would pay for Duran's time in the brothel. Duran went up and not only floored the donkey but knocked the poor animal out with one punch. The man in the white suit paid for his session, and later brought him to a local trainer and that's how Duran got into boxing. Probably apocryphal but an entertaining story.

#49     Jun 10, 2003
  10. say what you will,,,

but mike tyson has more attitude..,,

he's mad at the world,,

and one bad ass MFr!

(he could KILL you with one good right hand)

think about it..

5'11,,, 220lbs approx..

low center of mass.,,

and knows how to use it!

he would come right up under you (like me, if your tall)

inside your reach,,

and knock your ass out!

he's scary.

ps i once had a guy 5'9" knock me on my ass in a bar (i'm 6'4 230)

i deserved it, (hard to believe) , i'll admit it .. heh

but i've never been hit so hard & so fast b4...

OUCH! (yeah, i lost that one, but hey, i was drunk)

:):)

#50     Jun 10, 2003