How fat are you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RichSohn, Jun 8, 2003.

1. i sent u a PM, dude

#11     Jun 8, 2003
  2. Ok, I got it. Thanks for the info.

Bruce

#12     Jun 8, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

I bet I can kick your ass in 30 sec.

I work out almost everyday, sometimes twice a day. But most of the workout is mixed martial arts training.

I'm 6'1, 185, 5-6% bodyfat as well.

#13     Jun 8, 2003
  4. lol...

ok.. i can compliment a man when it is deserved. congrats.. we are 1%ers...

i work out almost every day also... sometimes 2x a day, too. tomorrow i will probably lift am and pm... i will also do some type of cardio at least 2x.....

give us some fighting tips!! (i don't start fights, but self-defense knowledge is good)

#14     Jun 8, 2003
  5. JT47319

JT47319

My understanding is that it is more profitable to engage in cardio exercises AFTER engaging in weight training. Your muscles would be in a catabolic state, ergo they are cannibalizing themselves for the much needed protein. Lift weights, protein shake, then run.

I used to work out twice a day for 6 days, but I couldn't keep that up for more than 6 months. Otherwise, I think I'm in damn good shape. Could be better, but I'm more lean and mean like a male model than I am a weight lifter.

#15     Jun 8, 2003
  6. i usually get up in the morning and run 3-4 miles before i eat anything. my 2nd favorite time for cardio is after i workout.

working out 2x a day is imo, definitely not a necessity....few times a week is fine for most ppl...

#16     Jun 8, 2003
  7. JT47319

JT47319

See, I don't know about that, though I've heard of such a regimen. I think the idea is that you want to induce the body's metabolism to hit that fat burning stage quicker, consuming the fatty triglycides at a faster rate than normal exercise, but you're sacrificing your muscle protein by keeping it in a rather counter-productive catabolic state. Maybe flax seed oil right before running in the morning?

Anyways, whatever floats you're boat. Sounds like you're already in good enough shape with good diet to compensate.

#17     Jun 9, 2003
  8. Same weight here I was 20 years ago in college.

Eat and drink whatever I want ( i'm a vegetarian)

Can't get fat no matter how much I try.

If you go to a sporting event, or a county fair, or any large gathering that has a cross sections of ages, you see how disgustingly obese Americans are as a group.

"Sex is the best exercise for me" - FranK Zappa

#18     Jun 9, 2003
  9. hey JT, this article may interest you. I do not at all claim to be totally SURE this method is better than another. imo, all this stuff is debatable...

http://www.athleticnutrition.com/Article87.shtml

#19     Jun 9, 2003
  10. give us some fighting tips!! (i don't start fights, but self-defense knowledge is good) [/B][/QUOTE]

As a semi-pro martial artist I'll take it upon myself to answer this one...

Basically 99.99% of self defence has NOTHING to do with fighting. How you stand, how you walk, where you look, the choices you make constitute real self defence.

Having said that, if you want to boil 1000 years of martial knowledge into a quip size bit: "Hit 'im where it hurts." Use your hard parts to hit your opponents soft parts. That pretty much covers it. Don't get dead.

#20     Jun 9, 2003