How fast is your internet connection speed ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TradeTune, Mar 21, 2021.

1. mskl

mskl

NxCore (which I have used for years) is a great product because they compress the data. However, you need more bandwidth if you want all the option data (>1.2 million symbols). A minimum of 500 Mbps and you still would likely be behind at times.

Because I also use other data vendors - there are times when I need > 1 GB.

Latency is less of an issue for me (30 ms). But I'm different than most of you.

#21     Mar 22, 2021
    DaveV likes this.
  2. mskl

mskl

just to clarify:

500 Mbps - for all the option data
    150 Mbps - for just the NBBO would likely be good 99% of the time

#22     Mar 22, 2021
    xxvolny likes this.
  3. rb7

rb7

If I remember well, OPRA recommend 40 Gbps for all option data, that is for all strikes, all 16 option exchanges, but best limit only. Otherwise, packet drops will occur (they are sending using UDP Multicast).

Just saying...

#23     Mar 23, 2021
    xxvolny likes this.
  4. I'm only trading on a server now and highly recommend it.
    1,000Mbps and 1ms latency to my CME broker in chicago. It's really great because even when I'm not home traveling, I just remote into the server and my whole trading environment is accessible on the go, and always has that low latency and fast connection.

Last month I was in Europe with the wife (got our covid vaccines) and was able to trade with that same low latency and fast connection because of the VPS.

Highly recommend checking out www.ninjamobiletrader.com
    I only pay for the lowest tier, and it's perfect for me because I only focus on ES, but if I was looking at multiple different securities with lots of indicators their higher plans are also very inexpensive compared to my daily income from trading.

#24     Mar 23, 2021
    toon likes this.
  5. rb7

rb7

Seems like in all your post you are publicizing that company.
    I'm not saying that your ninjamobile thing is bad or anything, but just pointing this out.

#25     Mar 23, 2021
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. I use to use speedtradingservers, but got tired of paying $60 for a slow vps. The latency was fast, but the actual rdp was very slow, because their hardware was low. Then contacted steadfast and they sell the same vps for much less! So when I switched to ninjamobile it was amazing that the same 1ms was available with a machine that is 2.5x the specs.

#26     Mar 23, 2021
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i personally have found that for day trading there has been no effect to the detriment for any feed i have used for up to 30ms ping time.

#27     Mar 29, 2021
    birdman and cobco like this.