How Far Is The Top?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Jul 21, 2011.

How far is the top on SPY

This poll will close on Sep 8, 2093 at 2:50 PM.
  1. 2%

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 5%

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. 10%

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. 20%

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. 0%

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. Skies the limit

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  7. Prefer not to tell

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. i have always thought the top is when the small players go long and the other small plays busted on shorts.

#11     Jul 21, 2011
  2. As seen in sticky chart at blog, monthly chart has been tracking sideways this year. This distribution and topping signifies that the big picture uptrend is ending and a significant downtrend will follow.
    http://stockmarket618.wordpress.com

#12     Jul 21, 2011
  3. you forgot to add hedge funds. they are accredited black swan event makers.

#13     Jul 22, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There's no telling how far the top is with Benny Bux and Robots running the show.

#14     Jul 22, 2011
  5. i do not agree. There is a limit and is called confidence & trust in these people & money. If this goes then benny & co will stay out naked & in cold wheater.

They are pushing it. question is really where is that breaking point of confidence. They will not cross it, no matter what.

that is a big shorting point if it gets that far.

not there yet.

#15     Jul 22, 2011

6. Wasn't Lazlo Birinyi one of a troupe of Hungarian circus acrobats (until arthritis set in)? Tumbling, human pyramids, tight wires?

#16     Jul 22, 2011
  7. This is the kind of talk that is representative of bad trading.

You don't call tops and you don't call bottoms because any attempt is at best a guess on something that is impossible to do in a consistently basis.

Best you can do is react to price but this outright predictions got the markings of what not to do in the financial markets.

Short term prediction is doable long term is like spitting above your head, anything can happen.

FoN

#17     Jul 22, 2011
  8. i got burnt many times trying to call a top. i think the reason is that i don't have reliable methods for top calling and we had (and still are in(?)) one of the strongest bull markets ever.

if one has a good method then calling a top it is just another trade

#18     Jul 22, 2011
  9. Talking about tops, could someone help me understand why amazon is trading where it is trading? I do not see why it would be worth more than 225. If true, then why are people buying it at 215.50?

#19     Jul 22, 2011
  10. QQQ made new high today. Nobody talks about the significance, if any, of this for some reason. Is this as a sign of pessimism.

p.s. Nasdaq is NOT at new high (may explain the absence of excitement)

#20     Jul 22, 2011