How easy to open a new IB account compare to other brokers? (1=easiest, 10=hardiest)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dabao91, Nov 18, 2007.

How easy to open a new IB account compare to other brokers?

1. 1 point = most easy to open a new account.

19 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. 2 points.

10 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. 3 points.

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. 4 points.

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 5 points.

12 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. 6 points.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. 7 points.

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. 8 points.

10 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. 9 points.

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  10. 10 points = most difficuly to open a new account.

21 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. dabao91

dabao91

Ok...I see your point. But if IB doesn't require your "clients" to fill out the required info
    what happens if you trade the accounts to zero? Who is responsible? You or IB?

Thanks to see my point.

ALL required info shall be still required per CFTC/NFA regulations (and others). I do not think any FCM can cut corners in this area, regulations are regulations ….. . The question is that can the process (or forms or the languages, etc) be designed in such that it is easier for people who opens account but not “trade/manage” their own accounts ………………….

May be there is no way to improve………….... Who know ………………...

#51     Nov 20, 2007
  2. AAA30

AAA30

Vote =2

Some what harder then others but overall pretty simple.

However, after seeing that you are concerned about FF advisor accounts I can see where some people may have some difficulty/worries because of the nature of the products that can be traded at IB. IB must cover themselves when opening these accounts which means informing the client what the account can be used for. For a person not familiar with the products the forms could be confusing and may cause a person to reconsider because of all the risk disclosures ect. But of course IB has to disclose these risks to every client particularly if the account is able to trade forex/futures/options.

Most people on these boards who know the product they are trading would have no problem opening an account. IMO

#52     Nov 21, 2007
  3. dabao91

dabao91

Your question doesn't make any sense. What do you mean 'how easy'? Don't you understand that 'how easy' will be different for different people? If they aren't very smart, it might take a long time. If they have no experience opening trading accounts, it might take longer.

Your question is very badly framed. You have your answer. Why did you start another thread to ask the same question? You got your answer here.

================================
    Why did you start another thread to ask the same question?

WHEN and WHERE did I start the SAME question?

#53     Nov 21, 2007
  4. dabao91

dabao91

This is an interesting Poll: some people find it easy while others most difficult.

You would think that most people would average in the middle. The key is the statement "Compared to other brokers": With that phase it would appeared more difficult is correct seeing that opening a regular account at the other brokers is quite easy.

YES, indeed, the results shows this is a interesting poll. At this time, the result of poll looks like W shape
    18 voters (20.45%) voted for ----- 1 point = most easy to open a new account.
    11 voters (12.50%) voted for ----- 5 points.
    19 voters (21.59%) voted for ----- 10 points = most difficulty to open a new account.

What does this result mean?
    Any comments or advises of the poll result?
    Is this poll valid?
    Do we have enough sample?
    Does this poll reveal any things?
    What can we learn from this poll?

#54     Nov 22, 2007
  5. Some people have way too much free time on their hands...

#55     Nov 22, 2007
  6. dabao91

dabao91

Any more voters?

#56     Nov 23, 2007