How easy to open a new IB account compare to other brokers? (1=easiest, 10=hardiest)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dabao91, Nov 18, 2007.

How easy to open a new IB account compare to other brokers?

1. 1 point = most easy to open a new account.

19 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. 2 points.

10 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. 3 points.

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. 4 points.

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 5 points.

12 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. 6 points.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. 7 points.

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. 8 points.

10 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. 9 points.

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  10. 10 points = most difficuly to open a new account.

21 vote(s)
    22.6%

1. In my casae i was applying for a futures/stocks account, like the IB universal.

#31     Nov 18, 2007
  2. xiaodre

xiaodre

That wasn't my experience. They had tests, but the tests were very basic, and even as a new trader, I didn't have any problems with them.

#32     Nov 18, 2007
  3. dabao91

dabao91

May I ask you something? Why are you asking this question?

I have opened about 5 accounts with IB and my friend opened about 3 accounts with IB. We both feel the ONLINE account open procedure may have some room to improve..... We do not know WHAT, but just feel that way ..................

#33     Nov 20, 2007
  4. cvds16

cvds16

So basically you are a moron, and IB is to blame for that ... :D

#34     Nov 20, 2007
  5. I am opening one for me and one for my dad. As my dad has moved to a new address in Panama I have been having trouble getting a bank statement with the physical address on as there is no postal service in Panama. Also they cannot read Spanish so it takes time for them to translate documents. My opening experience was ok, except when I tried to do an ACAT transfer, I find they do not except a GAP bond I have, no idea why as its a cash account, no margin. I now have to liquidate the bond and try again.

#35     Nov 20, 2007
  6. akeyla

akeyla

You should try searching for a needle in a haystack. If you find tihe needle then come back and pursue this venture.

#36     Nov 20, 2007
  7. WinSum

WinSum

Hey Dummy,

The topic of the thread is "How easy to open a new IB account compared to other brokers ? (1=easiest, 10=hardiest).

IB is only broker that make ppl take tests to open an account which make them the HARDEST COMPARED TO OTHER BROKERS.

Other Brokers tries to streamline their application process while IB went in the opposite direction and added addtional time it would take to open an account.

I didn't said their questions was too hard to answer. I said it was too lengthy and requires too many clicking to go through.

I blame you for IB policy. Obviously they were thinking of you on why they needed to create questions for weeding out ppl.

#37     Nov 20, 2007
  8. cvds16

cvds16

yes the topic of the thread was: is it easy ?
    those questions were easy, but a bit long (spot the difference ?), luckily it stopped you from opening an account with IB (by your own admission), it didn't stop me, so good they have those ... :D

next time you try to be a wiseguy, try to be a bit smarter ...

#38     Nov 20, 2007
  9. WinSum

WinSum

You still don't understand.

The question is how easy it is to opened a new account "COMPARED TO OTHER BROKERS" if their new account process is easier or harder, not if their multiple choices questions were easy or hard.

You can't even read and understand a simple posting like this and I'm suppose to be impress by how smart you are suppose to be.

#39     Nov 20, 2007
  10. Ok, so now you have your results. You're wrong. Your own poll shows it.

Can we close this thread now?

#40     Nov 20, 2007