How easily distracted are you?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashmoney69, May 10, 2006.

1. I know right?! But, I tend to trade the same 1-2 stocks everyday.

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. up your size, then see if u still have a distraction problem. you'll be watching tick by tick haha

#12     May 10, 2006
  3. 1. Do you listen to music while you trade?..if so what kind?
    Yes - somafm (internet radio), almost always I listen to Drone Zone.

3. If you dont have a wife or kids, do you keep chat rooms open to feel not so isolated?..
    Never. no phones, no surfing during market hours, no email checking, no messenger etc.

#13     May 11, 2006
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Isn't that the truth? :D

#14     May 11, 2006
  5. I listen to the music. Jam band stuff. Grateful Dead, Trey Anastasio, North Mississippi Alls Stars, Robert Randolph, Government Mule, etc

If my wife or either of my kids comes into my office while I am trading, I will go postal. I need, demand and deserve complete privacy; no distractions.

Lonely is not a word I would associate with trading, even now that I am alone in my office. Lunch is not something I go to. It comes to me. I get it delivered.

I sort of agree with the poster who said to up your size to maintain your focus. If you are diostracted, then you are not worried about your positions or the $ you could lose. You are too comfortable. You need to stretch the envelope.

#15     May 11, 2006
  6. I don't get distracted too easily but sometimes I....... cool! a ladybug.....be right back.

#16     May 11, 2006
  7. I do have a short attention span. I just posted in another thread I missed two good setups surfing the net and checking ET. Maybe I will look into setting alerts, right now I just check every 5 minutes.

#17     May 11, 2006
  8. I just tried the drone zone, good for late sleepless nights, but I might fall asleep trying to scalp with that on :p

I do feel more relaxed. Remindes me of a Karbala tape I bought for relaxation.

#18     May 11, 2006
  9. Sorry...

what was this thread about???

#19     May 11, 2006
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Of course one sometimes has to forsake trading because of having to attend to business and other matters.

However usually I'm never distracted when trading .. but you should as of a natural attitude be both easily relaxed and focussed at one and the same time if trading.
    :)

#20     May 16, 2006