how does this system looks?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by fgptrader, Mar 18, 2007.

1. fgptrader

fgptrader

thanks for replies.
    this system is that bad, huh?:mad:
    I have included commision and slipage into the results, 1tick off for both entry and exit.
    However, many of you are right, this is not something I can quit my day job over. but many of so called"proven" systems, have failed me or I have failed to trade them in the past so in that sence, I am happy that I finally found a system that DOESNT LOOSE MONEY! LOL, how insane is that?
    I think I am becoming a break even trader from a losing trader. and that, really comforts me. before, I was worried and fearful about positions, I am begining to believe if I just follow system, I will be ok. and that lifted huge amount of weight on my shoulder.

Now, I have to find ways to bring the probablity and W/Lratio up.

steveyd: I was testing ER2 as well, sure I could get more bang on winners but it require much wider stops. the result wasnt pretty.

bricksandmotar: your system sure looks good! you must have spent a lot of hard work in it. I am glad you have found somthing that work for ya!:)

#11     Mar 20, 2007
  2. If your sim includes 2 ticks of slip I think this is tradable. You're looking at a profit factor of > 1.5 (which is good) combined with a decent %Win. I'm not sure what W/L ratio is.

Only remaining question is what is the drawdown.

If acceptable, i'd give it a try.

#12     Mar 20, 2007