How does QuoteTracker work?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by high99, Sep 29, 2011.

1. high99

high99

OK. So I am a real slow learner. Again, if TD shuts down the hosting server, will QT still work? Yes or no. And what is this patch for? If I use the patch, then the server is not necessary?

#11     Sep 30, 2011
  2. No, it will not work if it is not hosted on a server somewhere and Ameritrade owns it so if they shut it down I will be moving my acct of almost 12 years somewhere else because TOS and the new peice of junk Trade Architecht are both garbage like command center .

#12     Sep 30, 2011
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

It should work if you apply "the patch" and you also have a data source that does not make changes that prevent QuoteTracker from connecting and retrieving data.

#13     Sep 30, 2011
  4. shfly

shfly

Used Qt & IQFeed for about 10 years...still using it...get the patch off the the link...page 28...middle of the page...

:)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213476&perpage=6&pagenumber=28

#14     Sep 30, 2011
  5. So how is it going to work if it is not being hosted on a server????:confused:

#15     Sep 30, 2011
  6. Quotetracker runs on your computer. It is not "Hosted". Refer to my reply above.

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. Thanks Jerry, I am with Ameritrade now should I download the patch now or wait until I change brokers. I do not have any issues with QT right now...I love it!

#17     Sep 30, 2011
  8. if you don't need the stuff in the patch (registration stuff, 60 days on charts), then you don't need to mess with it.

#18     Sep 30, 2011
  9. high99

high99

OK. Now we are getting somewhere. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    If and when TD shuts down the registration server, until then I will leave things alone. 60 days of data? Heck, I only look at the last 60 minutes. Does anybody know who developed this patch? I downloaded it just to look at it, and there it was. But then what? I noticed something on the upper left corner of the window that said "unzip it" or something. So do you click on that? Then what happens?

#19     Oct 1, 2011