how does our military get people to talk?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Shrewd Dude, Dec 16, 2003.

1. I posted this in another thread:

After a recent non stop flight from LA to Sydney, Australia (about 15 hours), I have concluded that we could make him talk by having him make this or similar trip in the economy section, in the middle seat with large guys on either side for a week, going both ways of course.

At the end of the week, we tell him he now has enough frequent flyer miles to do it again, and we took the liberty of booking him on the next available flight.

Upon hearing this, he will tell us where the WMD are, where OSB is hiding, and where Waldo is, as well as anything else we want to know.

My wife, after hearing this idea, and being concerned about the growing deficit suggested we could cut it down to 2 or 3 days if we let her mother sit next to him, replacing one of the fat guys.
    MIL is known for talking endlessly about topics of no interest to anyone, usually about people and events in her neighborhood from the 40s and 50s, kind of reminds you of the scene in AIRPLANE when Robert Hays is telling his seatmates his woes and they kill themselves.

Also, I thought we were outsourcing our torture to Morocco nowadays.

DS

#11     Dec 16, 2003
  2. LMAO :D this gets better...(also from CBS article)

"...Appearing on NBC, acting Secretary of State Richard Armitage cautioned that, 'The information that comes from Saddam Hussein is going to be very closely held and it has to be checked out very closely because he is, in addition to being the terrible tyrant that we all knew, an unmitigated liar. So I would caution everyone to be very careful on what you see being speculated about'..."

FROM ONE LIAR TO ANOTHER!!! :D (Never mind the fact that the fucking weapons aren't even there).

In case you guys weren't aware, Armitage was yet another figure implicated in Iran-Contra, as well as organized crime and prostitution.

What a fucking joke this country has become. A great big "fuck you" to everyone who helped these assholes get back in power...

#12     Dec 16, 2003
  3. Your head is full of bung.

#13     Dec 16, 2003
  4. BUNGHOLIO!! HEH. HEH HEHHEH. HEH. :p :D :p

#14     Dec 16, 2003
  5. must have T.P. for my bungholio!!!

#15     Dec 16, 2003
  6. what is T.P.?? :confused:

#16     Dec 16, 2003
  7. Toilet Paper

#17     Dec 16, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

That works

#18     Dec 16, 2003
  9. Weapons inspector David Kaye has a totally different take on it.

#19     Dec 16, 2003
  10. Actually, about one year ago now, maybe a little less, I stayed up all night watching nearly all of the televised testimony by these former weapons inspectors in front of Congress (the inspectors were from during clinton and bush1) on CSPAN and you are right about that.

However, what they said was that there was no doubt saddam was still after these weapons and there was no doubt that he'd gotten extremely good at hiding them.

BUT, they still had no proof that any weapons had been obtained since the first iraq war in '91.

AND, the administration said that the weapons were definitely there, and the administration's credibility is still on the line.

NOW, they can go ahead and try to buy the rest of the world (e.g. britain's steel tariffs) in order to justify iraq, but it is extremely suspect to me that after Powell went in front of the UN with this dynamite proof, it is extremely odd that not one goddamn thing has been found. Considering these high res satellite photos that can supposedly track anything, and considering that how all of powell's proof has since been debunked and shown to definitely NOT be what he told the UN they absolutely HAD TO BE (e.g. the aluminum tubes), I still say the whole thing was a crock of shit.

You see, I can apply the same logic that the administration used to build a case for war to the question of whether they lied about the WMDs, and the result smells and looks like shit. Now rumsfelon might respond to this with something like, "lots of people will speculate about whether our intentions smelled like shit, and those people will be proven wrong..." but rumsfelon can only polish a turd for so long.

I really do not understand how, if dumya and his crew were SO convinced that the weapons were there, that NOTHING -- not a single, goddamn thing has been found. Either the satellites don't work or dumya is probably lying.

(By the way, how is it OK to lie about a war but not OK to lie about a blowjob -- you don't have to answer, just think about it).

In the same way that cheney and rumsfelon and dumya came to the conclusion that saddam was an imminent danger, I can conclude that they lied about the whole thing. Live by the sword and die by it, I say.

I will give you one question to answer -- why the fuck am I paying for all this shit if it doesn't work? I mean, the fucking satellites, the war, fucking palm pilots for all the soldiers over there, all this fucking shit. It's waste. All this waste is theoretically anti-republican, but apparently not in practice. Just more bullshit from the republican party, which has apparently been hijacked by the neocons.

#20     Dec 16, 2003