How Does One Remove a Moderator that Instead Becomes a Biased Censor?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BernardRichards, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point in question: Moderator Morganist

2. haha a jury to judge the judges

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

It does seem odd to me they would put a virgin moderator in the wild wild west forum of P&R. It's difficult enough for some of the old timer mods to control they're biases, let alone the "FNG".

4. I think they are implicitly saying thereby that P&R is a liability to them -- not an asset.

I think they are missing the point that many people are drawn to ET because of P&R to begin with.

To draw an analogy to the religious term "salt of the earth," P&R is the salt of ET. You destroy it then one will have to go elsewhere to savor a good broth.

5. Visitors

Visitors

I wish I saved that thread that MOD deleted (which is what Bernie is bitching about)

It clearly showed name calling and very strong racists and religious insults.

But I wish I saved that thread to show you that 90% of most vile insults were done by BERNARDRICHARDS

OP of this thread :cool:

Have you looked at how USA works Bernie, This isn't Israel, we will get rid of lies you feed us.

One day :cool:

6. I, for one, would gladly have those folks go elsewhere and have the forum concentrate more on trading.

7. Code7

Code7

I only had the last page in my browser cache but this should still be enough to ban racist troll BernardRichards.

8. morganist

morganist Guest

Proof of justification.

9. Magna

Magna Administrator

I appreciate the work morganist is doing to try and keep the P&R Forum somewhat civil. As many of you know, that's a thankless and very tough job. And I realize there are those who use the admonition, "Not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, stay away from this forum!" as an excuse to say anything they want. That was never the intention of the forum. Vigorous debate, Yes. Racism and attacks on religions and nationalities, No. I also realize some like to bandy about the term censorship as if their 1st Amendment rights are being trampled on. They are not. Censorship is a political tool used by governments to stop dissent. This, on the other hand, is a privately owned business to which we have the full right to moderate as we see fit. In case BernardRichards or anyone else hasn't reviewed the member Conduct Rules I'll repeat a key policy statement:

Elite Trader and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in Elite Trader's judgment, does not comply with the Member Conduct Rules or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate.

10. Save your breath for the field Mohammed Nazi Boy Tresor. You will need the energy!

#10     Apr 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.