How does one move beyond technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kovacs, Feb 4, 2008.

1. * TV Market Quotes on CNBC

* TV Market Quotes on Bloomberg

* Tarot Card Readings

* Hourly Psychic Projections

* Signal Calling Chat Room

* Astrology Predictions

However, I recommend a few combo of the above for confirmation that everybody is on the same page.

:p

Also, be careful of tarot card readers...there are some scammers out there.

Yet, if you look hard enough, you'll find a few that know the markets like any season trader.

:D

Disclaimer - I'm in a goofy mood.

Mark

#21     Feb 4, 2008
  2. I think he wants to explore other areas of TA, that he may not know about. That, or other ways to view the market (pure TA or otherwise).

#22     Feb 4, 2008
  3. It is what you should see that matters, not where you sit to see it. All seats lead to the same view---indicators are equivalent to one another.

#23     Feb 4, 2008

4. learn fundamentals. it's a whole new game. you can find some massive trades if you understand how the upgrades, downgrades, and earnings effect things.

#24     Feb 10, 2008
  5. Look into P&F charting, three line break charting, renko charts etc. They take the noise out of charts and truly give you the answer as to who is winning the supply and demand fight. I personally like P&F on three different point values for futures trading.

#25     Feb 10, 2008
  6. Exactly. I think the fundamentals are an important input. I think the technicals are important by the way. I just think that fundamentals have an important role to play for a trader and speculator.

OldTrader

#26     Feb 10, 2008