How does one "find oneself"??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by EqtTrdr, Oct 6, 2006.

1. I'm 20 and have no freakin' clue what I want out of life either, and in the mean time, tryin like hell to get my trading "career" off the ground.

"At first it was exciting, but now it's the same routine day in and day out, acting like a machine with no correspondence with the outside world :("

I dont know if your making good coin, but realize that millions of people would love to be in your position. To be financially well off, independent, be your own boss, etc.. Many people envy you because of it. After a while, everything is going to become "routine". When it comes to the outside world, maybe try trading at a prop firm so you can be around other traders.

"I love everything as a hobby, but nothing enough to dedicate my life towards it."

The way I look at it is this: Find a job, that you can't have as a hobby, that way you can enjoy both. For example if you were wanted to be a dentist VS a programmer. Anyone can pick up a book on C++ and be a code monkey, but not anyone can just drill away in someone's mouth :) .

#61     Oct 18, 2006