How does one "find oneself"??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by EqtTrdr, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Great post, but I don't think you are "lying" to yourself. You are just visualizing what you want your situation to be - and as you said, if you do it long enough your subconscious usually finds a way. It works the opposite too - if you think bad thoughts and bad things happening to you, your subconscious usually finds a way to make that happen.

Read books by Napolean Hill and James Allen (as a man thinketh...) for good info on using visualization. Or, I have mentioned before, my favorite book is The TAD Principle (tadprinciple.com) - it is short and you can start using it the first day.

Good luck.

#51     Oct 14, 2006
  2. I for one do not miss the backstabbing, corporate bullshit, kissassing, having others root you down, etc etc...I have come to cherish my time alone working. If you want to socialize, join some things after market hours.
    I am so anti-corporate. I busted my ass for years and made the owners rich...no more.

#52     Oct 14, 2006
  3. snooptrader/ (aka traderx)

i'm also a dummy trader like you (but don't use fibs and i found your great blog about 6 months ago and think you do a great job. i started reading tad principle a few months ago and in some ways it changed my life. thanks for everything you do and for the great blog.

#53     Oct 16, 2006
  4. Great thread and suggestion -- i go through this once in a while. What keeps me here is the fear of the alternative....office job, having a boss, etc etc

#54     Oct 17, 2006
  5. Joab

Joab

2 Suggestions.

1. Volunteer work for a cause you believe in.

2. Donate a larger portion of your income to a cause you believe in.

These will give you more motivation to trade and you will be amazed at how much more you enjoy trading when you help feed a village in Africa or help shelter the homeless.

#55     Oct 17, 2006
  6. Wear sunscreen.

http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/sunscreen.html

Personal experience:

Not that I'm Mr. Zen or anything, I feel best when ALL areas of my life are clicking along. Spiritual, financial, emotional, and any other areas you can think of. They don't have to be 100%, just progressing.

When one or more areas of my life are not being paid attention to, I find myself saying "what's next" or "what am I missing." I then try to pay more attention to something I already have, rather than trying another new hobby.

-------

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen. - Mary Schmich

------------

#56     Oct 17, 2006
  7. Short and yet it costs $89? Well, the vendor certainly isn't shy. At that price for a small book, you can guess who I think it is really intended to help. You'll forgive me if I'm a tad skeptical.

Looking further at the web site, I note that there is not even a reference to the person or people who "developed" this stuff, or their background and credentials. The visitor to the site is essentially expected to shell out $89 after reading a few promises and some testimonials. (Heck, doesn't even Jake Bernstein have testimonials? And let's not even mention our friend Larry.) That alone leaves a captivating fragrance.

#57     Oct 17, 2006
  8. [​IMG]

#58     Oct 17, 2006
  9. djxput

djxput

hehe exactly what I was thinking ... to above poster

#59     Oct 17, 2006
  10. dac8555

dac8555

a refreshingly different post.

My suggestion TRAVEL...... ALONE.

get out of the country..go somewhere completely different. Take a journal and record your thoughts and emotions. do it for a good 3 months+. ! year would be better Meet people, think, share..and suffer a bit. Learn what the world is about and how people tick. Dont take much money...live slim, but have fun.

When you return, you wont know all the answers, but you will be on the right track.

I did south/central america for about 9 months +. By far the best decision of my life. I am 31, and am doing everything i have ever wanted to do. i have a dream life really (with the exception of being fabulously wealthy..give me some time) and i have to owe a great part of it to travel and "finding myself" though experiences.

Nothing teaches you more about yourself, than being alone.

Dan

#60     Oct 18, 2006