How does one build an educational trading business

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ultimatesuccess01, Jun 13, 2019.

1. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

I think everybody should watch this. It's pure gold:

#21     Jun 14, 2019
    Utah and Onra like this.
  2. qlai

qlai

This is f##$@g hilarious.

#22     Jun 14, 2019
  3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

that's how 90% of trading education works: reeling in people by using unverifyable information and targeting their achilles heel aka. their shitty life they want to get away from.

#23     Jun 14, 2019
    cafeole likes this.
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

What would you offer that's different? Are you willing to show 3rd-party audited performance of your own trading? If not, you're not differentiated, IMO. There are plenty of others who claim to teach "the real truth" about what works, how to read price action (or whatever strategy they teach), trading psychology, money management, etc., but there's not one iota of proof that they trade profitably themselves.

#24     Jun 14, 2019
    traderob and MarkBrown like this.
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, he can include "I am disgusted with 99% of educators selling garbage!!!" in his ad copy though it's not exactly original.

#25     Jun 14, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  6. qlai

qlai

Exactly! That's what you say to prey on people who've been burnt.

For me it's very simple ...

1. Post a sample video of yourself on youtube trading real time for free. (I need to see/understand your style)
    2. Offer to follow your daily trading with a monthly payment plan. (I need to be able to see how you handle different days)

Like it? Great, let's trade together. I'll up-sell you when you ask feel you need more of my time. Don't like it? Don't renew your subscription and look for someone else. Meanwhile, I'm going to be trading no matter how many subscribers I have.

Good example to me is Andrew Aziz. He basically created a community of like minded people. He teaches what he knows. He trades the best he can. He steps back an lets his community speak for themselves. I don't know him(not a member), but I trust him just by the way he conducts himself and his business.

BTW, I don't even require my President to share tax returns or business records.

#26     Jun 14, 2019
    coplii likes this.
  7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

unfortunately that's not how stuff works. When you have no idea about trading you have no idea about trading.

How would you be able to judge weither the information you see in terms of strategy is useful? Also, there is no single reason to watch a trader. You learn as much from watching a trader as from watching pro poker players. You are simply not good enough to draw any conclusions from their moves since they are so situational.

So just because you like that orderflow trade you see on youtube or that short low float stock trade, doesn't mean that it a) works and b) you are able to replicate if it works.

IMO the only ways to learn this stuff and to accelerate the learning curve is either by working for a trading firm and get mentored by a senior or pay a mentor who works with you for at least half a year. Trading firm as in "they hire you and give you money to trade" not arcades where you have to cover first loss.

And I say mentor, not teacher. A teacher will feed you a style or a strategy. A mentor explains market dynamics and lets you check on his trades, but most important, he makes sure you sit your lazy ass down and do your homework (aka morning research and evening review) each and every day.
    I know quite a few prop shops that bench their traders when they don't have a written plan for the day and a written review...and rightfully so.

In addition, he guides you when it comes to correcting mistakes or finding solutions so you don't have to grind a couple of months until you figure out what you do wrong

#27     Jun 14, 2019
  8. qlai

qlai

That is very true. It will take time, trial, and error. Eventually, they will find the right one.

Right, except you don't find a mentor, the mentor finds you!
    So where does it leave someone who cannot join financial industry? Web! Once they figure out what they need, they will find it, imho.

#28     Jun 14, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

I've considered this option to make money, quite a few have used my methods from forums and thanked me, but I fall to pieces using myself, I'd consider it plan X ie near the end of all my get rich plans.

I've tried a few, free trials there all total con artists, which post 100% perfect exits literally high of the day exits after several 100pt whipsaws, don't even try to look legit.

#29     Jun 14, 2019
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i am looking to fund legitimate fully automated algos with the right stats.

#30     Jun 14, 2019