How does one build an educational trading business

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ultimatesuccess01, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Thank you, having this come from you perhaps convinces some of the beginners to be slightly more careful.

They don't seem to like to hear the same from an abrasive individual

#11     Jun 13, 2019
  2. it's building a business.

#12     Jun 13, 2019
  3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

@ultimatesuccess01: Look dude, there is another thing you have to consider: The extreme difference between expectation and reality. Tjere is just no way that a customer walks out of your course and is able to make a profit. It's just like professional sports...just because the coach teaches you how to play tennis doesn't mean you'll win Wimbledon.

But your customers expect to win Wimbledon, because they wired you a couple of grand for the knowledge. And when they don't make it because they are lazy fucks, it's your fault.

If you can really trade, paid mentoring is the only way to go and you have to charge for this...big time. Because you will work with your customer a couple of months up to a year and you don't want to work for less than 100$ per hour.
    You have to proof your expertise by statements or tax reports and weed out all the broke losers who want to have something for nothing.

Personal coaching is insanely expensive, yet in trading its almost free. A friend of mine paid 20k for a 4 day crash course about cybersecurity...I want to see one guy who is willing to pay the same for a 4 day trading course...not going to happen.

If you cannot trade, of course you have to sell 300$ DVD courses to a couple of 100 people to make it worth your time...

#13     Jun 13, 2019
    emojitrading, fan27 and qlai like this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i need your failed students who can't trade but can work a dom like a crack head ...

#14     Jun 13, 2019
  5. Pigsky

Pigsky

I'm surprised that with all the trading journals around the internet..... that no one has started a journal documenting their efforts to start a trading education business.

It's definitely a shady business, but perhaps one with a lot of opportunity. There are many vendors who have been publicly busted by the Federal govt for various types of fraud and they are all still in business in spite of that. The amount of bad press surrounding this industry is growing and growing but people are still eager to get involved with it. It would seem this business is immune to bad press. What other service-oriented business can you run where when you get convicted of defrauding your customers you can keep on operating as if nothing happened? If an auto repair shop is convicted of fraud no one will bring their car there again. But trading education doesn't play by those rules. LOL

The catch is it would be a lot of hard work. It's a crowded market. There are tons of people with established customer bases and you would have to differentiate yourself from them.
    You'll have to create a constant stream of free content every day in order to draw in eyeballs and keep them interested... and eventually entice them to pay up for 'premium content'. Daily blog posts, market analysis of each day and preparation for the next, the writing, recording, and editing of video content. Perhaps sitting all day in a chatroom providing commentary. Dealing with customer service issues... general questions, billing issues, etc. Also the most successful vendors are most likely successful due to their personalities not their educational content. So you'll have to create a persona that will resonate with people on some level.

Interesting topic of discussion that's for sure....

#15     Jun 13, 2019
  6. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

It's all about marketing. The most successful educators sell a dream. Your best bet is to start building a following on social media like; youtube, twitter, instagram, stocktwits, etc. Your ability to market yourself and sell the dream will be more important to your success than the validity of the education you offer.

#16     Jun 14, 2019
    coplii likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Getting my ducks in a row to refine my cat herding business.

#17     Jun 14, 2019
    kj5159 likes this.
  8. kj5159

kj5159

I'd echo what Baron said, prove your own results.

After that I would think it insane not to charge for your time while teaching, but the most "fair" way to go about it would be to have some kind of arrangement where upon completion of training and/or reaching the point where the person is independently trading, there would be some kind of joint venture where the educator gets a split of the student's profits.

#18     Jun 14, 2019
  9. The issue though is that I am disgusted with 99 % of educators selling garbage and thus its important to differentiate yourself from the crowd

#19     Jun 14, 2019
  10. qlai

qlai

BS, but nice advertisement.

#20     Jun 14, 2019