how does IB calculate NYSE TICK?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by clearpicks, Sep 14, 2005.

1. hmmm ... not really what I was hoping for

but I will take another look when the USA markets
    are open during regular hours

{View Market Statistics from Market Scanner page}

-The market scanner page includes a new parameter called "Market Statistics." Select an exchange and view advancing and declining issues, and up volume/down volume.-

#11     Sep 15, 2005
  2. Hoi,

Thanks, that's interesting.

What do you mean by "not a normal quote"? Is the passed in the bid-ask or somewhere else?

Thanks,

#12     Sep 15, 2005
  3. Hoi

Hoi

Yep, they misuse all the fields in a different way to transport AD and VOL info. (ButtonTrader knows how, but if you are clever you can decipher it as well :) ).

#13     Sep 15, 2005
  4. Me clever; probably not :)

Well, time for printf() I guess

#14     Sep 15, 2005

5. Perhaps they can assist in showing us where you guys are hiding the $PREM/$ePREM, TICKI, and Put/Call Ratio! :) Geez guys, these are important numbers!

Seriously, can you divulge whether or not there are any plans to provide this data in the near future? I know, promises, promises!!! :)

On a side note, given the numerous complaints about IB's software, let me "idiotically" state (i.e., let the flames begin!) that I have been an IB user for 14 months and have not experienced any negative experiences with your service to date, other than that day when your servers went down about a month ago. Please give the "chef" my compliments for a job well done.

Thanks!

s

#15     Sep 15, 2005