How does Elitetrader handle a member's personal and private information?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Port1385, Mar 6, 2009.

1. On the flip side, maybe this site wouldn't get any sponsors if it wasn't as organized as it is? Maybe sponsors see that there is an order to things here and it's worth them signing up and paying fees as opposed to a wild wild west type setup like yahoo message boards.

#11     Mar 6, 2009
  2. Assumptions? Judgements? The only assumption I've made about you is the same one that others have made about you: That you're a bonehead.

The trading forum is about trading. When Baron or Joe tells me to leave stuff in that forum, I do exactly as they say. They have defended my moving on non-trading related posts to chit chat. So I will continue.

End of story.

#12     Mar 6, 2009
  3. On a more serious note, Joe, Ivan, Baron, whomever - what's the policy on sponsorship and moderation, in terms of conflict or potential conflict of interest?

This is just out of curiosity for the time being, so indulge me so long as it doesn't require you to divulge information you don't feel comfortable divulging, because I won't take offense at it.

But if I were to pay for ads on ET, and then wanted either special treatment in terms of moderation (let's say angry detractors waged a campaign against me for what they perceived as unethical behavior in terms of my company), would I get special treatment?

#13     Mar 7, 2009
  4. ET should surcharge this Schweppe for excessive posting. As far as sponsorship, BiHiSellLow could sponsor the Agri Futures forum with all his bullshit.

Rennick out:cool:

#14     Mar 8, 2009
  5. :D :D :D I have nothing against either of you, but that was fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Bilowsellhi. Rennick killed you.:D :D :D :D :p

#15     Mar 9, 2009
  6. Ah yes, Billy Rennick and his magic, crystal ball.

The epitome of the dullards of ET; making calls somewhere between 12:10 and 1:15 everyday about what the indexes will do in the afternoon, typically getting it wrong in the process.

Such irony.

Really riveting stuff.

#16     Mar 10, 2009
  7. This is the magic of ET.

Rennick is oftentimes very abusive to other members. He uses profane language against members in a violent and hostile manner which goes against ET's stated "Code of Conduct".

http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

Then Rennick promotes a website where you have to pay a subscription which he terms as the "magic ball site" right here on ET.

Ivanovich has joined in with Rennick and his hooliganism revealing member's personal information in public forums and supporting Rennick's quest to promote the magical ball web site which charges about a 100 a month for its services.

Baron? Joe? Where did you find these moderators? Were you drunk at a party and somehow chose these guys?

#17     Mar 10, 2009
  8. You are a complete and total idiot.

"Joined with Rennick"...what is this, the Superfriends?

#18     Mar 10, 2009
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

no, we run Franz Soar out of town, remember?

#19     Mar 10, 2009
  10. Franz SHOAR??

Really?

That has to be an interesting story, and one that I am not familiar with.

Do tell. That guy was an (un)institution at the Forex Factory, from what I've been told.

#20     Mar 10, 2009