How does death impact your psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Jumpshot, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

Mays appeared totally healthy. He seemed to be moving fast enough grabbing a heavy bag and jogging into the distance. He seemed animated despite the fatigue from the flight. While he was a little overweight, he was not hugely overweight.

When you die, thats it. There is nothing you can do to further your existence in the world. Your money becomes useless to you (maybe others). No one cares anymore. The only thing that is lasting is the impression you made on others and the things you constructed.

Doing the right thing all the time becomes more important as you get up there in age and the possibility of a May's style death becomes more real where the end is somewhat unexpected...

#31     Jul 8, 2009
  2. I keep hearing Mays “appeared to be totally healthy”. And then I’m reminded of a college professor of mine who said “The skin is the most durable organ on the body…the rest of the body can be decaying at a rapid rate and the skin would never give it away… that is often why there are so many unexplained and puzzling deaths that we don’t understand ...”

#32     Jul 8, 2009
  3. fhl

fhl

Anxiety disorders of one kind or another affect between around ten percent to around a third of the population, depending on who's doing the studies.

All fears are just a subset of the fear of death, and they have a great impact on the way people lead their lives.

Do you have a fear of heights, closed-in places, public speaking? You may not think it has anything to do with death, but that's the origin of it all.

Of course, on public message boards, nobody's afraid of anything.
    :p

#33     Jul 8, 2009