How does death impact your psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Jumpshot, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SK0

SK0

You are lucky, kind of, despite with the above. One month ago, I survived a heart attack via CPR twice in an emergency room and was immediately arranged for a surgery to have a metal stent inserted into my heart's artery. I was really lucky in terms of timing.

Despite having a very normal lifestyle, I was told to change for slower-pace life and more strict diet. Mentally I feel like living on a borrowed time and in a twilight zone. It is like an outside bar from which everything has to be re-drew, LOL.

#21     Jul 7, 2009
  2. Humpy

Humpy

The medics are as greedy as everyone else and will play on your anxieties to gouge you for more MONEY, especially in the West

#22     Jul 7, 2009
  3. I've been dead.

In the words of the late, great ozzy tycoon Kerry Packer, who funded the entire victorian ambulance service with what became to be known as the "packer whacker", (defribulator, or whatever), "there's nothing there."

Thats right, nothing. Same as a super deep sleep, or being completely unconscious.

There's nothing there guys, regardless of your beliefs while your alive.

How has this impacted my "psychology"?

I've no freakin idea.
    I figure, I should be doing more, being more, being totally Anthony Robbins with my life, but no.
    Makes sweet F.A. difference, actually, IMHO.

#23     Jul 7, 2009
  4. LOL. Only you would be in such poor health and still be haughty about it. You've called me an "OCD" in the past, so... I hate to disappoint you but I'm a runner and have been working out regularly for decades... that's something I really am obsessive about. My heart rate is 57 and BP is 105/65. I've had scans and am clear as a baby. But I do hope you take better care of your health so you're still around to provide comic relief. :p

#24     Jul 7, 2009
  5. Yes.. you've been dealing with the death of your trading method for years :p

#25     Jul 7, 2009
  6. I lucked out.

My gerentologist is the exhead of academics locally and he wedges me into each support field I need with the best.

The head of the Heart Hospital here teams with a student (also a nurse at the heart hospital) of one of the most famous chinese Tia Chi instructors. They offer 3 hour sessions on 12 topics that center on the balance of social support, diet, execise, meditation and stress reduction. Emvave pc laptops are always available to those who do not own them (I do).

We all were assigned, as part of the learning, to make a personal guidebook for health. Mine is a three ring binder with references to the web. 450 pages in all. I put it on a CD and give away cd copies. Both the doctor and the tia chi nurse also give them away.

Tucson is a place where a lot gets done in terms of health.

I used to carry med malpractise insurance but I no longer stay in the loop because of aging. The world is facing several plagues: firearms, drugs, alcohol, tobacco and financial stress. In ER, which was my place in the system, it was incredible to see the continuous stream of people coming in to die, most too late for remediation.

You can see the OCD's in ET headed to the ER in their future.

Diet gives a caloric deficit; exercise keeps the heart's muscle toned, social support keeps ethics, moral, and integrity well and strong; coherence in trading (the opposite of fight or flight and OODA) provides support, comfort and confidence; and meditation (while walking, for example) or other quiet times affords centering and ultimate balance. Our place is called "the Oasis" by others. It is true. From the stately pines and palms down to the smallest cactus. The pools, its gardens, growing vegetables and apples and grapefuit (ruby and regular), oranges, tangerines, and tangelos. We have flowers 365.... the birds are year round and especially hummingbirds and Harris hawks.

Each library is filled and piles of books are always being sorted. Cd's for music of all sorts.

TV is a wasteland these days except for a few channels. PBS on a Bose suits us.

Very wonderful for both of us, is the self selecting array of those we work for and with. Liz hosted a three hour board meeting yesterday. We always have trips planned for great purposes. And we are always working on things that are important for the future. We both share the belief in not keeping anything but putting resourses to work wherever possible.

It seems like all the money you want is free for the taking. Taking more and passing it around to where needed is the logical thing to do.

#26     Jul 8, 2009
  7. Every boring little aspect of your life has to be exaggerated Jack.. you are a boor and a blowhard.

#27     Jul 8, 2009
  8. Like f*cking a ghost. You can't feel a damn thing. I think. I have no idea.

#28     Jul 8, 2009
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

good one...can't argue with reason.

#29     Jul 8, 2009
  10. Take it easy, have a healthy life style, exercise to prolong your life;
    take good care of loved ones;
    Enjoy life while you can.

#30     Jul 8, 2009