How does death impact your psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Jumpshot, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Have you talk to someone with a dead body? How are they doing?

#11     Jul 6, 2009
  2. It's called heart disease.
    You either die from cancer or heart disease.
    He died of the latter, confirmed by the county coroner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertensive_heart_disease

If people want to take better care of themselves, they make their health a priority and become pro-active with their health care, including going to a cardiologist and getting a "stress-test" on a treadmill. The test is 80% conclusive for blockages.

#12     Jul 6, 2009
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I don't why, but this really made me laugh...:p

#13     Jul 6, 2009
  4. loza

loza Guest

if you believe in nothing at all that death is a little scary but it is more sacry to those who are expecting hell and torment.....
    You decide what you believe in and you carry the burden of the belief system.

#14     Jul 6, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

The inevitability of death means that you should be conservative and responsible in your youth, and take more and more risks in pursuit of pleasure and happiness as you get older.

The rationale is that at 20 you have probably 50+ years ahead of you, whereas at 60 you may only have 10-20 years left. Logically speaking, any risk of death, long-term imprisonment, or crippling injury will be far more serious if it robs you of 50+ years in your prime than 10-20 years of old age. Therefore you should not smoke, race cars on the public highway, commit crimes, engage in high risk sex, take drugs or drink to excess in your youth. Rather you should save those activities for when you are 50-60+ and don't have as long to go.

In other words, death means you should grow old disgracefully.

#15     Jul 6, 2009
  6. +1 :)
    Another diamond from Cutten.

#16     Jul 6, 2009
  7. Exactly!

#17     Jul 6, 2009
  8. Mav88

Mav88

If people want to take better care of themselves, they make their health a priority and become pro-active with their health care, including going to a cardiologist and getting a "stress-test" on a treadmill. The test is 80% conclusive for blockages.

and then you can clean out with then Awsome Auger

https://www.buytheauger.com/ver14/index.asp

#18     Jul 6, 2009
  9. pspr

pspr

Youth is waisted on the young.

However, I think most of us believe death is just the beginning regardless of the shoutings from those who don't.

#19     Jul 6, 2009
  10. At 76, death is not an undealt with issue.

I usually fail treadmill stress tests because I cannot take in enough air to keep breathing hard enough to get my heart rate high enough for my age, BMI, etc.

Naturally my heart scan reports mailed to me tell me to contact a doctor immeediately since I am at 200% of max plaque buildup. It is a volumetricweight measure that fails to take into account the remaining crossectional area of each of the nine areas of my deposits. I like the way they mail something with those kinds of results.

So I take care of business and improve my situation instead of letting it detiorate. If I am put on a med, then I take steps to get back off it in a planned amount of time.

My heart rate is 55 and my BP is 120/80. On an emvave pc while trading, I maintain a green value of 80 plus (coherence, for those who do not monitor their heart waveforms in real time using Fourrier analysis).

I can't imagine the poor health status of the OCD's here in ET.....lol....

One of the healthiest things in life is to be giving away surplus capital continually. The other five things are the balance of social support, exercise, diet, meditation, and stress reduction.

#20     Jul 6, 2009