How does Bill Gates remain world's top 3 richest man since his job now is to give money away?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by helpme_please, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Bill Gates is a philanthropist. His professional job is to give money away. How does he remain the world's top 3 richest man when he spends his time giving money away? What is the secret to his ability to retain wealth despite his kind intention to give it away?

I would like to emphasise I am not being sarcastic in pointing out the contradiction. This man is a gift to mankind for what he has done. How not to respect? It will be interesting to hear the views from folks here on how Mr Gates achieved what he did.

2. He doesn't give it away, "all that fast". He's been able to make more on his assets than he gives to charities.

gwb-trading likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

*Chokes* How he achieved what he did? He did it by bludgeoning the competition out the of the market place. Don't be daft.

My favorite was when he was asked over and over again the question by a senate committee if Microsoft did, in fact, do anything to impede the growth of Netscape. The senate member kept having to re-ask the question. Billy-boy waffled like a pro. I cannot find that vid in archive, but there is a TON of deposition out there that shows EXACTLY how he got to where he is.

He is no "gift to mankind", dude. He is a businessman. Has been, and had to be to get to the dominant place that he wished to be.

Gift to mankind. What a laff.

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Giving the money away is his attempt at reaching the top of maslows pyramid. :D

5. LOL :D