How Does A Successful Trader Find Investors/Backing? Requesting Advice ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by jaygould, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I can see people are curious, disbelieving, probing, exploring, insulting. Mind your own business. Back off.

#21     Sep 29, 2009
  2. Corelio

Corelio

Show me a handful of managers that posted this sort of return. Please be specific and list name and contacts.

#22     Sep 29, 2009
  3. jaygould

jaygould

What you are saying makes no sense. Maybe you should read my first post again. Your living expenses need to be paid in dollars, not percentages, so one could be a very successful trader and still pull far less than a mediocre trader who happens to be blessed with a larger capital base to start with.
    I did have a job, and after many years, was able to save up a base to be able to trade forex.
    I traded at night part time and early in the morning for a couple years while working during the day.
    This past year, I decided to trade full time to master my craft and see what I could do with a complete trading day, New York and London hours, living off of money I saved when I was working.
    In order to continue to do this fulltime, I would need more capital to work with or be allowed massive leverage, which takes the chance of a wipeout, but I'm not seeing many more options.
    As to why anyone would want to back my trading ?
    Because I'm a proven winner. That's about all I can say.

#23     Sep 29, 2009
  4. Most private/institutional investors want to see at minimum 2mil AUM. Many won't even bother unless you have 5mil AUM. The "track record" is in part how you managed to get to that 5mil mark. At this point, you need to get financing through friends and family. Start a fund (LLC) trading OPM and when you get to the 2-5mil mark, you'll be in a position to go after larger investors. It might take 5 years, it might take longer.

There really aren't any shortcuts, you have to work up the AUM mark the long way - i.e. trade your way there.

I think you mentioned you have 15k, correct? See if you can get at least 100k from personal contacts in exchange for partnerships in your LLC.

Also, for future reference, your month-to-month variance is the single most important performance metric. %return is not nearly as important as variance and drawdown.

Mike

#24     Sep 29, 2009
  5. Post your audited/certified statement with the name of the auditor and contact info and "they" will come. If not keep working on that baseball field.

The Ever Audited VIPER

#25     Sep 29, 2009
  6. Name one?

#26     Sep 29, 2009
  7. jaygould

jaygould

What are some auditors I could use ?

#27     Sep 29, 2009
  8. Sorry to be harsh, but you can't afford it (yet).

#28     Sep 29, 2009
  9. Have you tried contacting any proprietary trading firms? With a solid track record, perhaps they can back you with some firm capital

#29     Sep 29, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

you are not a proven winner. your base is too small to prove anything. there is no proof of scalability. invoking the name of jay gould as your handle is a turn off.

perhaps u should quit trading and work 3 jobs and then resume trading with the capital u have raised.

#30     Sep 29, 2009