how does a newbie learn?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chipmunk, Oct 30, 2008.

1. unfortunatly if there was a legit way fo learnign this everyone would be doing so to answer your question, you have to learn yourself, how you learn is up to you...

#21     Oct 30, 2008
  2. Go into the noob forex world for a year or two, join one of those metatrader obsessed message boards. You'll probably wouldn't make any money but it's a quick way to learn trading because you can practice trading day and night. Then you can come join the adults at the grownups table.

#22     Oct 30, 2008
  3. lpchad

lpchad

Best piece of advice. You can get sucked in and waste hours, days, even years before you place your first trade. However, there is wisdom to be gained here. The key is to be able to shift through the BS here.

Hint - look for recurring themes in posts on certain topics.

#23     Oct 30, 2008
  4. seadog

seadog

Just laughing at some of the responses.To be a trader you have to have a sense of humour.
    Took me5 years, 15,000 hrs of screen time.And a fair amount of money.
    You have to be commiteded.
    Many times you will be doubtful of the process.
    The big question is, "Do you have the time and commitment?What are you willing to sacrifice.? This is not a part time thing.

#24     Oct 30, 2008
  5. Don't be afrade of the markets, don't get to the stage where your guy shy or it can ruin your trading career for a long time. Conversely, don't be one of those people that lose their capital twice over. Solid conservative foundations with risk management is key.

#25     Oct 30, 2008
  6. you learn by getting your ass kicked.

#26     Oct 30, 2008
  7. ps0013

ps0013

I think this quote is great...I've got knocked down plenty of times, but I'm still standing here...

#27     Oct 30, 2008
  8. I think a real good way to learn how to trade is to trade, with real money so as to get a handle on the emotional aspect. Burn and learn. Thats how I was taught.

#28     Oct 31, 2008
  9. Have to agree with that one. The best teacher out there. Let the REALITY of your losses sink in and LEARN from them. It doesn't PAY to have opinions. The only thing that matters is learning to be on the right side of the market and being patient to WAIT for the best opportunities.

#29     Oct 31, 2008