How do you use stops, when your position is too big?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Feb 1, 2007.

1. I am not spamming as you put it.
    My website is free, i dont make a profit from it. Its informative, commonsense and written by an experienced trader ( me )

My post offers practical advice to the stop loss question and is not in anyway relating to easy language code.

I will edit my link to go directly to my excel sheet instead of the downloads page, sorry to offend your ethics sir.

With respect the reason its linked to my website, is because the sheet is updated daily, but an uploaded excel sheet to this site will not be updated, and would therefore be "out of date" if someone opens the excel sheet tommorow.

I have emailed the administrator to ammed the link to this one

www.precisiontradingsystems.com/extracting_web_data_excel.htm

#11     Feb 2, 2007
  2. Respectively, I disagree for two reasons.

* Most of your post at EliteTrader.com have contained your website link.

* The link you have originally posted goes to the download section that also contains fee-based information in which you charge a $5 fee for the risk control document and a $99 fee for the Precision Stop Indicator.

I got the above info via going to the link you had originally posted which is different from your most recent link.

My point is this and I"m 100% positive that ET managment will agree.

As long as your posting links to free info that also is a website that belongs to you that also contains fee-based info...

Your spamming as a non-sponsor especially when your posting the same website link in almost all of your post here at ET.

Simply, if your website truly is free...

Remove the fee-based information concerning the Precision Stop Indicator that someone at your website is charging $99.

Just because you don't charge for one thing while charging a fee for something else at the same website...that doesn't qualify your website as a free site.

Also, who makes the profit if someone purchases the Precision Indicator if its not you?

Aren't you the owner of the website?

Maybe you should only post the updated excel file link if someone at ET solicits you for the information and then you can contact him/her via private message as you have contacted ET management via email or pm.

All other advice you posted without the links is welcomed and hope you continue giving free advice.

Regardless, I don't make the rules and Baron has the final decision.

Mark

#12     Feb 2, 2007
  3. Its funny that you assume that people have actually purchased my stop in ela code....in reality as you know, most people only seek free stuff.

So the total sales to date= zero

I put that there because someone emailed me ages ago interested in buying the stop, but once he realised he also had to buy tradestation, he changed his mind.

You are welcome to remove the link from my post if you feel it is not beneficial to readers.

I will make a new page just to satisfy you, it will contain a heap of information on different stop methods.
    I will post you a message when it is done.

Nice week on the stocks eh?

Regards

Precision

#13     Feb 2, 2007
  4. First, I cannot remove any links from your post.

That's a decision of Baron or a moderator after members like me complain about such.

Second, I made no assumptions about your sales or lack of sales.

Simply, its completely unimportant to me if you've sold 0 ELA codes or 1,000 codes.

However, I am making it an assumption this is your website and you are welcome to tell me I'm wrong and that the site belongs to someone else.

The point I was trying to make in my prior post was that you commented that you are not compensated via saying the following...

i dont make a profit from it.

Now you've provided clarification in that what you really meant is that you've made no sales.

My point is that if someone were to purchase your indicator, who gets the income if not you?

Further, the issue was that you were calling your site FREE when in fact you knew there was some fee-based material at your site.

Ok...its possible you forgot there's fee-based payment links at the website especially if the website doesn't belong to you.

With that said, I'm not judging the merits of the free info nor the merits of the fee-based info at your site.

The info you've posted in this thread about stops is good and I've been around the block a few times to know when someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

Yet, if the site truly is free and you want to label it as such...

Make it free but not under the facade your satisfying me.

As for your fee-based content, I think you should just leave it there and just copy/paste here any free info you feel like sharing with the ET community just in case someone comes across your webpage via a search engine like Google.

Thus, I'm not judging the merits of your info because someone out there may find the fee-based info useful.

Have a good weekend and hope the market was good to you this week as it was to me.

Mark

#14     Feb 2, 2007