How do you trade while at work?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kapama, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ditto, laptop with cellular modem

#11     Oct 4, 2007
  2. plugger

plugger

Bingo! He really is making this way harder than it needs to be. Just read his thread about the fake level 2. Must like drawing attention to himself because he is such a HUGE trader. Very important.

#12     Oct 4, 2007
  3. kapama

kapama

I am not a daytrader not a huge trader. I am just asking for opinions that's all.

If I bid before the opening with limit, then everybody is gonna see my limit. If the market drops, my orders will be filled at high prices which is my limit that I set before.

Correct me if I am wrong.

#13     Oct 4, 2007
  4. Why the heck are you trading every week on a single system, as from my prospective, there is no way you're making money buying the same 20,000 shares on a Monday and selling them on Friday. The volitality is way too high and the success rate is probably low.

#14     Oct 4, 2007
  5. timbo

timbo

You have been corrected. Have your mother read this thread and explain it to you.

#15     Oct 4, 2007
  6. kapama does your boss allow you to trade while working or are you going to be trading while on breaks and lunch?

#16     Oct 4, 2007
  7. piezoe

piezoe

You wouldn't possibly be buying and selling shares of companies you or your buddies are doing financial analyses on would you? No, of course not. Silly me.

#17     Oct 4, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#18     Oct 4, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

This guy is also HUGE and may be able to help you!

[​IMG]

#19     Oct 4, 2007
  10. opm8

opm8

Every single one of these recommendations is useless. The question was how can he trade from work. Here's how:

I'm assuming you have a broadband connection at home where you have a Windows PC and that you have some understanding of networking and linux/unix command line concepts. The solution will cost you not a single penny and will allow you complete encrypted access to the internet. Meaning you will have no restrictions from work, just as you would when surfing at home and your data will be encrypted from work to home so that if the network admins at your work are looking at your traffic all they'll see is encrypted data.

You will run a tunneled ssh session from work to your home computer. Your home computer will forward this traffic out to the internet and back to your work computer. You can even set it up so that you can see your home computer's desktop from work, just the same as if you were sitting at your computer at home.

kapama, I realized just now that explaining this could take some time depending on your level of computer skills. I have a lot of experience with this and I'll help you out with setting it up. Just PM me.

opm8

#20     Oct 4, 2007