How do you trade Natural Gas?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by OctopodeClub, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Trading crude oil is fairly straightforward, news and talk everywhere of it...

However, how do you trade Natural Gas? EIA numbers? Dollar/oil correlation? All technicals?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. I wish i could ask John Arnold the same question

3. Any contacts of John Arnold?I`ll email him.

4. bathrobe

bathrobe

Don't trade products based on people talking about them, most of the people talking on forums wont be here in 1 year. Trade what makes sense to you. The number for Natural Gas is Thursday at 1030 eastern, moves come out of nowhere and it will move hard and fast, look to spread if that works for you.

5. Handle123

Handle123

Buy Low and sell high and hedge

6. Overnight

Overnight

I would expect NG to start generating more exciting price action in November, on the Jan 2017 contract, following through until June 2017 contract. Then it is summer boredom again. We'll see!

7. Overnight

Overnight

Normal winter my arse. It's gonna' get cold this year. Damned cold, in NA at least. NG usage will be up.

8. Trader13

Trader13

Eric Bolling was a prominent Nat Gas trader before he became a media personality. About ten years ago, he was reported to have made a huge profit on a convergence spread trade between Nat Gas and Crude Oil. I don't know how he did it ... I have never found a reliable relationship between these two energy markets. Bolling's mentor was Mark Fisher, inventor of ACD, but I don't know if that's how Bolling formulated this spread trade.

9. Overnight

Overnight

He might have had a trick knee that knew when the weather would be getting colder or warmer? Like a Farmer's Almanac in his body? Hehe!

#10     Oct 14, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.