How do you trade for living?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Qu|cksilver, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Sponger

Sponger

I love it when people actually take this *@#$ seriously and attempt to have an actual conversation over such a post - great way to start the day with a laugh :p :p :p

Makes me wonder which devious ET poster is behind these types of posts....doesn't matter who, keep it up, makes for an entertaining read to bait everyone like that

#21     Nov 1, 2006
  2. Well you certainly don't need the whole $1000 for trading forex. I'd take, oh, $500 out and put it in savings bonds, or lottery tix.

You should easily be able to make a fine living with the other $500.

But you must have clicked the wrong thread. For proper placement,
    ask the mods to move it here -->http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9799

#22     Nov 1, 2006
  3. hahahahaa!!

good one!

I have been seeing that a lot lately

#23     Nov 1, 2006
  4. Yacob

Yacob

There is no one in the world can win all his/her trade without losing. Trading is not easy. Even until now im still struggle with my trading :D

#24     Nov 1, 2006
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  5. Thanks. I think you're qualified from now on to keep your membership alive on ET, simply the same as us. :cool:

#25     Nov 1, 2006
  6. dac8555

dac8555

go to work for somone else...and trade on the side until you "get it" expect it to take 5-10 years. just like any other profession, you need to start small, go to school for a while...and the REAL money probably wont start to come in until 10 years later.

#26     Nov 1, 2006
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  7. there is a way to always win 100%

never sell a losing position

of course, you may have to hold on to your losing position FOREVER

and have infinite margin to cover margin calls

but you can have 100% winning trades

of course, this is absurd.

but it can be done.

#27     Nov 1, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

9. ER9

ER9

well to th op if your serious, high frequency or low profit trade strategies can be not so good trading live. a strategy that shows +so may pips (point profit) at the end of a trading period can still = 0 profit or actually a loss.

i played with a strategy once on paper trading ES (futures) that did well at the end of a 30 or 50 trade period it was up 10 points when you added and subtracted all the gains and losses...but when you added and subtracted the $$$ it actually was in the red...meaning even though it showed +10 point profit it actually lost money. so be carefull you are doing your homework.....sometimes what looks good paper trading can be a dissaster in reality.

#29     Nov 1, 2006
  10. has anyone considered that this guy has a time machine? :D

#30     Nov 1, 2006