how do you trade es/nq?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by positive etc, Jul 19, 2018.

1. 1 to infinity r :r :sneaky: :D
    i best everyone wishes

#41     Jul 22, 2018
  2. renko76

renko76

actually it is 1 to unknown, unless you trade the range bar. all stops same all reward same everytiime. never 1 to infinity.

#42     Jul 22, 2018
  3. renko76

renko76

range bar has no "noise" only gold. prints the trending channel for you

#43     Jul 22, 2018
  4. Don't you have a problem with changing Renko parameters for each Market?

I tried Renko, some many years back, and I recall that I needed to adjust the inputs depending on the Market. Not so?

Then of course, the parameters needed to be adjusted on a regular basis.

Or was I incorrect?

#44     Jul 22, 2018
  5. nickynoes

nickynoes

Statistically it is a small chance any trader will be able to pull off big R:R trades with decent win rate. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t people who rise above mediocrity and not because of coincidence.

#45     Jul 22, 2018
    positive etc likes this.
  6. renko76

renko76

actually I do not care for the renko charts . range and line break for me is good.

#46     Jul 22, 2018
  7. Has nothing to do with skill, which is definitely required, but more with market mechanics. Without a microstructure edge, market manipulation, or illegal act, even the most lethal retail trader has that ceiling. Run a million trade simulations in multiple markets and scenarios like I did for 10+ years, and you’ll see why it’s a pipe dream. You can still make money though, just within the constraints of domain reality, and your pecking order within it.

#47     Jul 22, 2018
  8. renko76

renko76

truer comments have never been uttered. 10 years arms just really around the opportunities given every single day. I trade intraday eminis. your experience is to be respected.

#48     Jul 22, 2018
  9. _eug_

_eug_

Would you agree that better R/R is available if you are willing to hold trades for multiple days?

#49     Jul 22, 2018
    positive etc likes this.
  10. No, because the win rate decreases as you increase reward ratio. You can however enjoy a favorable R:R ratio with high odds just buying/holding the S&P. The total risk would be your total starting balance (ex. 10k), and reward the total account balance at X point in the future. Disadvantage there is lower leverage access, target timeframe (years), and deeper drawdowns.

#50     Jul 22, 2018
    positive etc likes this.