how do you trade es/nq?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by positive etc, Jul 19, 2018.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

you heading into the fire and you are a paper soldier

so stop

#11     Jul 19, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
    And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
    No more--and by a sleep to say we end
    The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
    To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause. There's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life.
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
    Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
    The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
    The insolence of office, and the spurns
    That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprise of great pitch and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry
    And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
    The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
    Be all my sins remembered.
    Read more at http://www.monologuearchive.com/s/shakespeare_001.html#2q1sKeDkwKTRyo4D.99

You will most likely only read a couple lines and think the worst of me, and yet any accomplished trader will see their life in every word of it.

If I told you how I traded would take years for you to understand, and I have no desire in the least to teach anyone how I trade as it has taken decades to become me. You won't understand anything I have written and most likely be pissed that no one will come to your aid. You have to learn charting like it is air and you need to breath. You have to understand patterns in the past so you can not take usual patterns in the future cause of this past, you have to be able to identify ends of trend based on much back testing probabilities and you have to keep stats upon stats to build your trading plan. Don't think for a second you going to come here and beg for answers when you not able to "breath". You need to understand it is not profits that keep you going it is learning how to risk very low that matters the most and how to manage the trade than dreaming of big profits, it is becoming consistent that matters most and not homeruns, You will become one for the cry babies saying the market is changing and you can't trade whereas someone like me have seen just about everything at least 6 times with exception of 911. You have to experience much to become much.

Develop a charting system then do a journal, more experience traders would help cause you are putting effort into it.

#12     Jul 19, 2018
    beginner66, trader99, slugar and 4 others like this.
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

So true. Or ask Mike Tyson how to become world heavyweight champion ? Or Michael Schumacher how to become a fantastic F1 driver ? The recipe is always the same and very simple: work more and harder on something than anybody else around you, because you love and enjoy and crave it more than anybody else around you.

#13     Jul 19, 2018
    CSEtrader, Handle123 and speedo like this.
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

if you can dream it you can make it ( i love american sayings)

but it should be you who will make it, do not expect others to make it for you

#14     Jul 19, 2018
    CALLumbus and speedo like this.
  5. speedo

speedo

No one has any idea how many on ET are profitable. My point was every trader has a trade plan unique to them. My stop is placed under/over my entry pivot with a defined tick limit. That works for me, others may hate that and do something else. The only thing that matters is being profitable....you have to do the work and test your observations to arrive at works for you.

#15     Jul 19, 2018
    murray t turtle, slugar and CSEtrader like this.
  6. i have that passion i just need to make critical decision because its point my life depends on i cant waste time i hope you understand guys anyway im reading your posts and thinking

#16     Jul 19, 2018
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

then move on, trading is for people who are willing to waste time (and money of course :) )

#17     Jul 19, 2018
    CSEtrader, They, Xela and 1 other person like this.
  8. tm689

tm689

First you should understand what service you are providing to a capitalistic economy. Traders provide liquidity. That is the service you get paid for. You should look for things to trade that require your liquidity to make the market more efficient. I personally don't like stock index futures because it tends to be a very efficient market. Stocks are a different story. There can be wide variations in individual stock prices from various calculated values. That is more likely where liquidity is needed to keep markets efficient.

#18     Jul 19, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. tm689

tm689

Since you brought up Shakespeare - I think it was Shakespeare who said "the actor's talent is in the choice of the part". Likewise, I believe a good part of a traders talent is choosing what to trade rather than how to trade.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    #19     Jul 19, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

:D

#20     Jul 19, 2018
    murray t turtle and tommcginnis like this.