How do you stay focused during the day?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderGreg, Jul 18, 2008.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Wow, I'm glad someone bumped this thread, because this is an exceptional post!

I often have great difficulty focusing and your advice is solid and comes to me at an opportune time, just when I need it.

#31     Aug 14, 2009
  2. :)

#32     Aug 14, 2009
  3. What if you cant backtest your system? like if its based on price action or custom indicators etc?
    Is it still possible, but you need to be a computer programmer or something maybe?
    What are som popular programs people use to backtest out of interest?
    thanks

#33     Aug 14, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I only have to be aware of a few simple things so I have a worksheet with rows for noting what's up with each of them and the trading rules printed at the bottom...

#34     Aug 14, 2009
  5. acepowerdrive

acepowerdrive Guest

You watched the charts all day and do research or have another business. people with other home based businesses would use trading as a second side business.

there are lot of people who work from their homes

I'm in the west coast so by 1:15 pm the trading day is over. so much time to do other things.

#35     Aug 14, 2009
  6. if your not focused during the day you must be bored and how can you be bored while your playing in the most competitive game in the world?

#36     Aug 14, 2009
  7. mtwokay

mtwokay

Always lose on the first trade of the day.

Everything after that comes into focus.

#37     Aug 14, 2009
  8. Wow, I wrote a program specifically to mute out CNBC blather and commercials. Can’t stand that crap. If you are having trouble staying focused that could very well be your problem. As a start I would recommend turning the volume to the absolute lowest audible level.

#38     Aug 14, 2009
  9. What if you cant backtest your system? like if its based on price action or custom indicators etc?
    Is it still possible, but you need to be a computer programmer or something maybe?
    What are som popular programs people use to backtest out of interest?
    thanks

#39     Aug 15, 2009