How do you solve this problem?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Sep 25, 2006.

1. I think the real issue is the stock should have never been shorted in the first place. This stock was, and is in a very strong uptrend.

#31     Sep 28, 2006
  2. Man.... I hope to God none of you guys shorted RIMM overnight.

Up $17.00 as I type.:(

#32     Sep 28, 2006
  3. "r/r = downside/upside potential and the third component would be how long your money is locked up in the trade ie: opportunity cost"

My opinion is that the third component is the most valuable. The best trade is one in which you can make the most money in the least time. If your money is locked for weeks or months waiting for something to appreciate, then you might miss several other opportunities along the way.

#33     Sep 28, 2006
  4. #34     Sep 28, 2006
  5. Again, Lamont has successfully demonstrated his poor level of reading comprehension. If he read the first post, he'd know that this thread is about money management, not TA, like the link he posted. However I would like to thank the other posters, as your responces have been insightful.

#35     Sep 28, 2006
  6. Actually, like the first, it's about your inability to formulate a trading plan.

Don't you have a parent or guardian with some control over your expenditures?

#36     Sep 28, 2006