How Do You Solve a Problem Like Sharia?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ==============
    Well fortunately most muslims dont believe the koran, so most muslims dont kill christians/Jews

.And if that Omar Amad does realkly believe Koran, he is in favor of killing Christians/Jews, only about 10% of 1 billion muslims do

Also El Al Airlines has it right;
    single out for special intense questioning people with specific patterns like Amad[who sounds a bit mad] And like El Al dont let them stay if they fail the test questions.

There are simply too many well behaved peaceFUL immigrants like hispanics that enjoy doing business peacefully, to put up with mad trouble makers like Amad:cool:

#11     Sep 16, 2006
    #12     Sep 16, 2006
  3. Oh, you got me! Drats! I'm foiled!

You gotta love you Nikkie. I don't hear from you for weeks, even when directly answering your challenges, and then you pop up with nuttiness like this.

Yes I'm an immigrant. So what? Why the hell should that condemn me to supporting ongoing immigration?

Perhaps I've had an inside look at the world of the immigrant and decided that, my God, if more people like this keep coming, this ain't gonna be that great a country anymore? Did that thought ever occur to you?

Secondly (and importantly, given the thread topic), I'm not a Muslim. But I have had a very close first hand look at the world of the Muslim immigrant and it's not a pretty picture. All non-European immigration is bad for western countries, but Muslim immigration particularly so. You really have to have your head firmly ensconced in liberal pieties to fail to notice this.

#13     Sep 17, 2006
  4. Asian immigration is bad? Last time I checked, there weren't any Vietnamese, Cambodian, Japanese, or Chinese immigrants wanting to destroy this country or demanding we all convert to Buddhism or Taoism.

#14     Sep 17, 2006
  5. Asian immigrants typically flock together and try to maintain a separate identity. However, within a generation, they assimilate with the mainstream but still manage to maintain a strong feeling towards their heritage. That to me is commendable.

Every group of immigrants bring both their good and bad qualities to the melting pot. That is what makes the US what it is... the greatest nation.

For example, here in New Orleans, there is a large community of Vietnamese immigrants who have settled in the eastern part of the City. Even some of the streets there are in Vietnamese. This area took a brutal beating from Katrina, but probably recovered the fastest... thanks to the hard work of the Vietnamese people. In my experience, I have heard a lot of native New Orleans complain against the Vietnamese, but most of it due to jealousy. These Vietnamese people work like crazy to ensure that their kids get a proper education. So, now the second generation has a lot of doctors, lawyers, engineers and other high end professionals who have helped the community and at the same time contributed to the economy of the City.

#15     Sep 17, 2006
  6. <b>Somali cleric calls for pope's death</b>

September 17, 2006

A HARDLINE cleric linked to Somalia's powerful Islamist movement has called for Muslims to "hunt down" and kill Pope Benedict XVI for his controversial comments about Islam.

Sheikh Abubukar Hassan Malin urged Muslims to find the pontiff and punish him for insulting the Prophet Mohammed and Allah in a speech that he said was as offensive as author Salman Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses.

"We urge you Muslims wherever you are to hunt down the Pope for his barbaric statements as you have pursued Salman Rushdie, the enemy of Allah who offended our religion," he said in Friday evening prayers.

"Whoever offends our Prophet Mohammed should be killed on the spot by the nearest Muslim," Malin, a prominent cleric in the Somali capital, told worshippers at a mosque in southern Mogadishu.

"We call on all Islamic Communities across the world to take revenge on the baseless critic called the pope," he said.

Reached by telephone on Saturday, Malin confirmed making the remarks that were echoed in less strident form by other senior clerics in the Supreme Islamic Council of Somalia (SICS).

Another SICS executive member, Sheikh Ahmed Abdullahi, vented similar anger at the pope's "barbarous criticism" but stopped short of calling for his murder.

"He must apologise because he has offended the most honorable person who ever lived in the world," Abdullahi said.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...for-popes-death/2006/09/16/1158334739295.html

#16     Sep 17, 2006
  7. RANT ON:

They said the same things about the Irish, those horrible subversive catholics, as well as there Italian brethren. Scandanavians, Poles and Czechs were also discriminated against. In fact, I doubt there has been any immigrant wave which did not have an accompanying cry of "God Save America from these people who are ruining our way of life."

My grandfather immigrated as a German in the thirties and they too were considered evil and different at that time.

Some part of U.S. Society has always disliked immigrants but fortunately we have invited them and they have all assimilated.

Why should we discourage people who are risk taking, hard working, and seeking to better themselves and their families from joining our country? This country was founded on immigrants and gains its strength from their pioneering, entrepreneurial, and yes different ways. Each culture brings something.

The reason we have problems in the Middle East and with Islamists is because we are the only remaining superpower and a have rediculously inconsistent foreign policy. This makes us the obvious prime target.

Two examples:

1) China has "most favored nation" trading status but we embargo dangerous and powerful Cuba and we can't even visit without state department authorization. We do this not because it makes any sense but because we have a significant population of formerly powerful Cubans in southern Florida who are pissed off that Castro took their houses and businesses 50 years ago. So we punish the poor Cubans while Castro remains in power.

2) In the Middle East we subsidize a developed country, Israel, and defend their position not because it is objectively correct but because we have a significant Jewish population that has a lot of clout and money, and because we feel guilty for letting the Holocaust happen.

Subsidizing Israel at this point when they have a very educated population and when it is a developed country makes about as much sense as well subsidizing the big companies that grow Corn and Sugar. They all really need the money.

Dohh, I forgot, we do that too... :confused:

I'm not sure how we can even pretend to be "free market capitalists" when we are so hypocritical in our own subsidies.

Back to the point, I have travelled around the world quite a bit. For this reason, I have some sense of what the rest of the world thinks of the U.S.

A lot of my friends don't even have a passport. I'd even venture that most Americans haven't left the U.S. except perhaps to venture into that oh so different neighbor to our north, or perhaps a drunken binge in Cancun or some other Mexican resort where they stayed at an Americanized and sanitized hotel and never ventured beyond the tourist sections, or perhaps they took a cruise where they got to visit many countries for about 6 hours at a time, plenty of time to learn another culture.

I'm not criticizing here, America is a big place and other countries are far away and relatively expensive to visit. We also have a very large economy so you can do quite well without ever marketing outside the U.S. for many business.

Europeans can visit other countries for much lower costs. They also have much greater need to expand outside their own markets. The E.E.U. didn't come into existence because the French like the Germans and the Dutch (or vice versa) that's for sure. Asians have a similar issue their own countries are either lacking in resources or are not a sufficient market for individuals not to have a greater need to travel outside their own country.

Americans don't understand the rest of the world but we generally have good intentions, so we should realistically assess our own weaknesses in this regard. So we should have a well-reasoned approach to foreign policy since we are relatively naive about other cultures. Unfortunately we do stupid things and others draw the conclusion that we are against Arabs and for Jews.

Objectively, I can understand how they come to this conclusion. I mean when Cuba went to stir up some political unrest in Granada we invaded and kicked them out but we don't even have the guts to ask Isreal for a ceasefire while they bomb the shit out of their neighbor. One could argue that there are differences but that's missing the point. Reasonable Arabs and Persians in the Middle East could easily conclude otherwise and believe me they do.

We created the islamist power structures in the Middle East now that we were successful we want to end it.

The issue with Al-Qaeda is not that Muslims are more dangerous than any other religion or movement in the past, I don't think they are. The issue is that we are now at a point where because of advances in technology, any radical idiots (remember Oklahoma city anyone?) can do tremendous damage. God knows the world has always had idiots, but with our recent technology we've created a world where we can no longer ignore them.

Hell if we had had the bomb at the time of the crusades there wouldn't even be any Middle East so please don't go on about how Christianity is so peaceful and Islam is warlike. If abortion clinic bombing Christian fundamentalists thought they should blow up Mecca instead of the local Planned Parenthood office we'd see real trouble in the Middle East.

The best way to diffuse these situations and to take power from the radical idiots is to start looking at where they gain that power. It comes from the huge income disparity and miserable conditions which we helped create when we divided up the Middle East like some great big game of Risk (a game from Parker Brothers for control of the world, for you non-U.S. people) at the end of World War II.

So there you have it. We solve problems of Sharia by helping raise the standard of living in the rest of the world, especially in the Middle East. We don't do it by holding 10,000 nuclear warheads ourselves and getting pissed off if Iran want's to build one or two. We don't do it by subsidizing a rich country while ignoring so many poor ones. We don't do it by not understanding other cultures because we've never left the comforts of our own easy chairs.

Educated contented Muslims are much less likely to interpret Sharia literally and start trying to take over the world just like educated contented Christians don't follow the Bible literally.

We can't apply 19th century foreign policy ala Teddy Roosevelt to the 21st century, it won't work!

RANT OFF

- Curtis

#17     Sep 17, 2006
  8. Curtis,

A very well written "Rant Off". Unfortunately, you maybe called a moonbat because you are trying to be logical :p

#18     Sep 17, 2006
  9. Mr. Groid,

Do you care to elaborate on your wish for worldwide peace?

#19     Sep 17, 2006
  10. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

simple: Vote Buchanan in 2008

Us catholic irishmen will rule this country again long before some goat-humping towel head does...

I simply can't fucking believe how Bush has so enveloped the US into this INSANE religious war between the jews and arabs. As if there is ANY POSSIBLE resolution between these religious fanatics.

"Protect the Holy City At All Costs!" ... blah

Very, very simple solution ... you bomb one of our buildings... WE LEVEL YOUR COUNTRY. (Don't attemp to take the fucking worthless scrape of dirt over ... LEVEL IT ...)

I'll be running in 2008, the only plank in my platform is: Let's return to american independence and let the Middle East burn in its own flames. To Hell go the goat-humping towel-heads!

#20     Sep 17, 2006