How do you reward yourself for good trades?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by turkeyneck, Jan 29, 2008.

1. i normally pack lunch... if i make some nice trades ill go to quiznos instead... ya large sub with double chicken and a diet mountain dew

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. Stop off on the way home for some take-out, take the dog to the beach, wildly blow 1%, then sit in the hot tub and re focus on how more days like that will end the rat race sooner rather than later!

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. On a really good day I might up a Punch or Montecristo # 2 and sit back in my office chair.

Then I think about how I just made more money today than most people in China make in a year.

that fades quickly and I start to think about the 15 million in my account from my trading profits this year. Should I get a red spider or perhaps the black benz?

Maybe a trip with my wife to paris for a week would be a good reward. Maybe a trip to paris with a girlfriend would be a good reward. Perhaps I should get a second home in Hawaii??

Waking up from falling asleep at my desk as the phone rings from my wife asking what time I will be home for dinner I realize it was all just a dream and that not having a losing day doesn't qualify me to start a hedge fund. Hell the $37.15 I made this month will MAYBE allow me to take the kids out to the local mexican resturant on Friday.........

Anyone have tip money I could borrow (I am SURE to break $50 in profits next month)??

#13     Jan 29, 2008
  4. The topic should be...

How do you reward yourself for bad trades?

:)

#14     Jan 29, 2008
  5. Kids eat free on Thursdays. Make sure you tell them it's one of the kids' birthdays and you'll get dessert out of it.

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. Pay down debt

#16     Jan 30, 2008
  7. I like to surprise the family with out of the blue special vacations at odd times.

Anek

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. that one's easy :D
    [​IMG]

DIDI MAO! DIDI MAO!

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. MAO!

The Deer Hunter was awesome.

P.S. Yes, I know that pic is not from The Deer Hunter. lol

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. I don't do much, just usually let it sit there, but once in a while I take it out and buy some gadget that I considered too extravagant before. Shit like Iphones, etc. Things that you don't really need (esp if you have a perfectly good cell phone) but that are fun to buy.

#20     Jan 30, 2008