How do you read lvl. 2 when the action is so quick?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashclay, Oct 25, 2018.

1. cashclay

cashclay

I ve been watching youtube videos of live trading trying to understand lvl. 2. However the price action moves so quickly. Do you guys have this problem as well? I

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Fast markets like NQ, FDAX and these days even the ES are too fast to really "read" the DOM. In these markets, for me the DOM is more for getting a feel. By watching it countless hours you get a feel for what is happening there, just by the overall movement, the speed, the changes from second to second.

In slower markets like FGBM, FGBL or ZN you can actually try to "read" what is going on in the DOM, because the action stays around a few ticks for quite a while and the action is not very fast. There is lots of bullshiting and fakery going on in the DOM, but if you sit there all day through a session, a few times a day you might get a good nugget of information, a hint that might help you to scalp one or a few ticks. But in these slow markets, it takes lots of patience.

murray t turtle and Onra like this.
  3. %% NO PROBLEM;
    use/work with weekly charts+ much less comissions also:D:D,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

comagnum likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

You need to code things to analyze it, just look up threads on ACV and DOM walls.

5. I don't think reading level 2 is a reliable or even a viable strategy. The human eye and brain simply can't compete with computers. Besides, there are dark pools where big lots change hands.

wrbtrader likes this.