How do you project your targets in a grafic?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by vinihuge, Aug 9, 2020.

1. vinihuge

vinihuge

Mainly for day trade, how do you make a target projection? I'm not interested in knowing trade management of twice the risk or something like that, but how to use technical analysis to design targets with the greatest possible precision, from where to trace something and what to expect from a move ... I hope that I have been able to explain my doubt correctly

Tnks

2. Metamega

Metamega

Personally use keltner channels on a 20 EMA and 2.25 ATR around it.

Just a visual to measure range and volatility, helps stay out of parabolic moves. 95% of candles fall in that range, they start going completely out of bounds things are nuts.

Bollinger bands act similar but emphasize volatility now.

My first profit is 1R (risk/drop loss). I’m really ratcheting the stop up and trying to get closed out. Same goes for rest of it. 2R I’m looking at trying to get stopped out, bars like inverse hammers also signal to get out.

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Use elements from your entry signal to determine your profit targets / exit signal. You'll most likely follow your trading plan versus trying to use something with too many turning wheels.

Simply, you want the wheels in your trade strategy to share commonalities.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    vinihuge likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Measured Moves
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...-text-is-cheap-lol.348337/page-6#post-5176702

note how Steve considers action local to the target zone and prepares accordingly.

check this type of info with how it performs in your hands on your charts, 20 of em or more.
    your mileage may vary - ymmv
    youtu.be/yZFo_2EFex8?t=374

report back your findings if tried.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    vinihuge likes this.
  5. Make use of Fibonnaci retracements along with RSI and bollinger bands.