How do you organize your business?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by melee, Nov 11, 2007.

1. melee

melee

research of targeted futures market: check
    trading method: check
    trading plan: check
    funds: check
    broker: check

organization of business: uhhh....yes?

im just starting to trade, ive worked out my trading system and got an account, but sence ive never run a business before, especialy one like this, im a bit confused about the day to day tasks and what i should do.

how do you guys do what you do?

for documentation ive just been saving .jpgs of my entrys and exits of trades along with saving the numbers my brokerage sends me via email. for day trading i take a screen shot of the whole day with all the trades on it.

for organization, im quite messy and im trying to change that. i understand that to be professional thats a big no no. right now all my stuffs on the computer, but do you guys keep hard copies and stuff them into folders or what?

for analysis elder recommends writing a post trade questionnaire so you can learn from your mistakes and try to fix them. i havnt completed this yet, but i see the wisdom in an explicit statement of your performance as well as critiquing ones self. do you do this and what do you ask your self (i might do another post on this topic for a more understanding)?

any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

2. The words "Microsoft Excel" springs to mind as a good starting point :)