How do you keep up with the market news?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trade5656, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Which sites do you visit to follow market news? Which newsletters are you subscribed to? what are your sources of info?

there are so many sites/newsletters etc out there so it is very hard for me as a newby to focus on something and i just jump all around the web reading different news which takes a lot of time

2. 98%+ of so-called market news is just bs, or non-sense noise :confused:o_O Don't get misled by that stuff,

Kind of like walking the fine line of the righteous path. and having the ability and foresight to see ahead amidst the fog.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    i960 and lovethetrade like this.
  3. trdes

trdes

Not that I have some vast experience with other traders, but I do know and have traded with a fair amount of traders from all styles and all levels. I've never seen someone that can consistently trade off of news.

But let's say you can, even so there's not news everyday on every instrument and sometimes even "major news" doesn't move markets that much. So, very limited amount of trades. I guess CL may be one of the better ones, but even than fairly limiting.

Sure it can be used to get better entry or for good trade setup after/during the volatility. But if I am expecting a certain direction based on other factors, I rarely see the news change that macro out look, its normally just the action sped up faster or may extend slightly more than normal temporarily in one direction or other.

4. CBC

CBC

I follow Bloomberg on FB, also they have a really good ipad app.

5. ET180

ET180

Bullish View: Seeking Alpha
    Bearish View: ZeroHedge

6. JSOP

JSOP

Alerts with keywords.

7. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Specialization.

Blooomberg website or App for general news.

Economic data releases - Bloomberg or DailyFx.

Agree, most of it is irrelevant and a distraction for day traders but it can be an advantage to know when major releases are scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
  8. Not anymore due to the news algos, however all through the 2000's and until around 2013 we were absolutely crushing Bloomberg, Reuters, Dow Jones headlines.

9. java

java

It's hard to hear good market news with CNBC talking all the time.

10. Handle123

Handle123

I don't use news or much fundamentals cept maybe on position sizing of adding more.
    But I do use these sites for reports.

https://www.dailyfx.com/calendar

http://mam.econoday.com/

I don't care what is on reports, but automation few seconds after putting in orders or it will liquidate trades that not profitable and re-enter if more favorable after.

#10     Feb 25, 2017
    beginner66 likes this.